Through cooperation with our civil bushiness that are signed up to the SCAPE framework, we have an opening for a Senior Site Manager based on site in the Amersham area, where as the number one on site, you will have day to day management of the delivery team, reporting in to the Project Lead.
Taking full responsibility for the construction elements of this £10m project that will include H&S, planning program, logistics, quality & sub-contractor management. This is great opportunity to for an individual ready for a career step up or looking to enhance their existing skill set ready for a project management role
In line with the longer term strategy, projects values will increase and as such you will have the opportunity to work on larger projects with greater responsibility together with access to an industry leading career development toolkit. Once Amersham completes we have further projects in Basingstoke, Maidenhead, Bristol and Reading. These are a mixture of new build and refurbishment projects including a £50m retirement village and £25m University building.
As a Senior Site Manager, you will:
- Have overall responsibility for the successful completion of the section or works/overall project and to lead by example, managing the day to day delivery of construction projects
- Ensure site records are accurately maintained and available
- Ensure all team members are fully inducted and carry out role specific requirements, identifying opportunities for improvement
- Lead and motivate the team and manage performance, undertaking training/ coaching as appropriate
- Draw up and monitor short term programmes
- Maintain accurate progress records
- Awareness of budget, cost control and cost recovery, ensuring that expenditure is in line with the contract budget and that resources are utilised efficiently.
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
- Carry out periodic Safety & Environment Tours as required by the Project H & S Plan
- Support Accident / Incident Investigations.
- Identify and implement improvement options and lead action / instigate as appropriate
- Lead periodic risk reviews and present to the Project Risk Register, and recommend changes
- Monitor effectiveness of the H & S Management System
- Manage sub-contractors, including monitoring of contractor attendance and progress, providing direct instruction and support as necessary, such that contractual arrangements are achieved
- Produce and regularly review the project programme to ensure completion on time under the supervision of a Project Manager
- Carry out constructive analysis of fully resourced programme and report findings
- Ensure production of operational target programmes to reflect overall construction programme
- Liaise with Project Manager to keep fully aware of project progress and ensure that all additional work is identified and that the Senior Project Team are notified of all potential opportunities and financial, specification and time risks
- Lead weekly team meetings to review performance on site
- Appreciate the commercial implications and drivers within the construction process and incorporate these into decision making, working closely with the project’s Surveyor
What we are looking for:
- Have experience managing new build and refurbishment projects to the value of £50m
- Be able to demonstrate a track record of successfully delivering projects
- Possess the confidence to converse with all site based staff and senior management
- Be highly organised in your approach to record keeping
- Hold a current SMSTS certificate and relevant formal qualification or are currently pursuing one
- Scaffold awareness/experience
- Temporary Works experience
- Holds a current driving license
- Be committed to providing a safe working environment
- Lead by example in your attitude and approach to work
Why work for us:
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Iconic projects and vital services
Your expertise will help us build our world class projects. At Balfour Beatty, we create the structures and services that transform the world around us. We design, build, finance and maintain the structures that support everyday life. Working together, we will shape the future of our industry.
Your role is key to the success of our business - whether you are working on a prestigious construction project, vital rail link, crucial utilities or helping to keep our business running smoothly through one of our enabling functions.
Expert training and development opportunities
Our people are building the future. We know that training and investing in our experts is the only way to drive our business forward. We use a set of comprehensive frameworks to assess and train our people. This ensures you have the right training to help you succeed and progress in your chosen career path.
A commitment to diversity, fairness, inclusion and respect
Everybody thrives in an environment that accepts and embraces difference. We are dedicated to creating a fair and inclusive workplace, where everybody feels comfortable and can perform at their best. Our Affinity Networks support our employees and encourage understanding and collaboration. We encourage all employees to join the networks as an ally.
- Site Management
- Car park
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job