Solutions Recruitment are looking to recruit a Senior SHEQ Manager for a role based in Leeds.
You’ll be responsible for strategically planning and manage inspections and audits, identifying areas for improvement from internal and external bodies. You’ll provide expert SHEQ advice and support to operational personnel within the contractual area as well as plan and manage the delivery of contract and the client’s training courses, initiatives and events.
- Maintain the existing accreditation for the business management systems in meeting the requirements of ISO 9001 and OHSAS 18001.
- Chair the company's HSE committee ensuring effective employee consultation and participation in relation to all health and safety matters.
- Identification and implementation of QHSE training requirements.
- Management of the shift based quality and inspection team
- Monitor, investigate and provide RCCAs for NCRs. Perform follow-up audit of RCCAs to determine effectiveness.
- Reduce costs of quality
- Drive performance to achieve business and department objectives and KPIs
- Participate in contract review process to ensure customer requirements are fully identified and resources
- Issue monthly reports to include data and statistical analyses of the company's QHSE performance, identifying areas for improvement/action.
You will have:
- SHEQ professional experience of operating in a large contractual area with the ability to strategically champion the contractual SHEQ plans.
- Recognised formal training relating to Quality and HSE, e.g. NEBOSH
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO 9001 and 18001 requirements.
- Proven track record in the implementation of a QMS.
- Comprehensive understanding of inspection techniques.
- Experience of engineering drawings and associated engineering documentation.
- Excellent Communication and organisation skills
- Able to work of your own initiative
- Flexible attitude to work
- Pro-active team player with good inter-personal and motivational skills.
- Proven people management capability and skills.
- Hands on approach, leads from the front
SALARY: Competitive plus benefits incl. Car/Pension/25 days’ holiday plus Stat