Senior Server Software Engineer
Our client is a small, highly successful internet business, with a user base several million strong.They are going through a period of growth and are looking for an experienced Senior Server Software Engineer to join their team of experienced software engineers.
As part of a small company, your role will encompass the entire software development life-cycle, including requirements capture, prototyping, design, development, testing, deployment and maintenance.
The role includes support, maintenance and monitoring of the service. There will be plenty of opportunities to research and develop solutions using new technologies, languages and design patterns.
Responsibilities of Senior Server Software Engineer:
- Designing and implementing great new features using microservice design
- Working as an integral part of the core team
- Converting legacy components into modern microservices
- Maintaining, monitoring, and alert management of the existing services
- Out of hours support
- Participating in agile workflow
Required skills and experience of Senior Server Software Engineer:
- NodeJS and NPM
- Java or similar Object Oriented programming language
- Relational Database experience (MySQL preferred)
- Experience with networking and high traffic systems
- Experience with cache frameworks (Redis preferred)
- Experience with Linux (Ubuntu, Red Hat, or CentOS preferred)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong problem investigation and diagnosis skills
- Experience with version control (GIT preferred)
Other advantageous skills and experience:
- Strong relevant commercial development experience
- AWS experience/certification
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience with Message queues (RabbitMQ/SNS preferred)
- Containers (Docker), Virtualisation and DevOps experience
- No-SQL Database experience (DynamoDB, MongoDB preferred)
- Java Spring Library
- JPA, JTA, Hibernate
- Experience with a Java Servlet Container (Tomcat preferred)
Do you want to work for an award winning, successful and growing technology company? Does the idea of working with innovative tech, an awesome team with huge ambitions in a casual friendly environment appeal to you?
The Package on offer is:
• Highly competitive salary - based on experience
• 25 days holiday allowance, plus bank holidays
• Company pension scheme
• Company bonus scheme
• Casual working environment
Please note: High levels of interest mean we will only contact you if your application is shortlisted and this will happen within five working days. You must also be eligible to work in the UK.
Senior Server Software Engineer, Cramlington
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'