Travelopia is the third largest tour operator in the UK, with 300k+ customers annually and a turnover of £300m+. Brands include Hayes & Jarvis, Moorings, Sunsail, LeBoat, Citalia, American Holidays, Sovereign and Austravel. The SEO Specialist is responsible for increasing visibility and engagement online. They will be responsible for daily management of search engine optimisation activities, and they will use search engines to acquire, retain and convert our customer base and increase visitors across dedicated Specialist Holiday Group brands. The web channel is a strategically critical route to market and search engine optimisation is a key driver in Online Marketing and significant to the web’s role as a driver of business success.
1. Delivery of search engine optimisation strategy according to agreed objectives
- Keyword research, analysis and selection on SHG sites and competitor keyword research
- Determine which keywords will pull in qualified traffic, how many searches do these terms/phrases receive, how keywords & web pages should be used in combination to attract search traffic
- Monitor all brand sites for SERPs listings for agreed keywords using software
- Competitor analysis development
- Identify need of additional page and/or content creation and creation of new pages
- Optimisation of meta data
- Link analysis and development to include overall internal link structure, link popularity of pages, link popularity of sites in topical community, link authority of target website amongst its topical peers, link relevance, topical relevance of inbound links, subject specific relationship between sites/pages linking to target page and target keyword, deep link analysis and percentage is the % of all inbound links that points to pages other than homepage
- Be happy to work across both SEO and Content
- Have good English skills, writing skills and be able to create content on a regular basis.
- Be content to work alone, be organised and relay information back to the team
- Must be willing to take part in training with other team members and actively share knowledge.
- Attend trading meetings and feedback relevant information
- Have a decent knowledge of HTML and Technical related tasks - using systems like Screaming Frog or Deep Crawl to assess problems on site and resolve them
2. Monitoring and reporting
- Regular tracking and reporting on weekly, monthly and ad hoc basis on agreed KPIs using search engine tools, Search Metrics, GSC, web analytics, Deep Crawl, Link Research Tools.
- Measure and analyse SEO activities and performance in conjunction with SEO Manager
- Maintain records of performance and document implementations to analyse outcome
- Meet with SEO manager at least once a week to discuss strategy + workloads.
- Able to pinpoint problems on site with only a brief overview
- Identify new areas for online development from which the business would benefit
- Contribute to knowledge sharing activities amongst the Online team and wider business (e.g. blog contributions, company presentations etc)
- Stay up to date with new developments and new search engine behaviours, social media and digital marketing, and actively researching, testing and proposing new approaches
- Make effective use of web analytics, attribution and path to conversion tools as well as search engine, social media, individual advertising supplier tools
- Recognise and recommend on opportunity for automating processes
- Continuously improve SEO processes to ensure work is delivered efficiently and timely
- Have at least 2 years experience within SEO.
- Good research knowledge regarding keywords, link analysis, and search engine results, new search engine behaviours, in-depth competition analysis etc.
- Producing regular audits of the performance of the website making recommendations using your SEO skills / knowledge to grow traffic to the sites
- Produce ideas for new initiatives based on your keyword research data with an estimation of the likely impact to enable prioritisation of the work
- Working closely with key stakeholders in the company to support projects and make sure their delivery is "SEO friendly"
Competitive salary & Holiday concession purchase (SAS) Reward scheme - online discounts on products & services plus late seat & accommodation offers Childcare vouchers & cycle to work scheme Contributory Pension scheme Career progression opportunities Please note that for all benefits, details were accurate as at the date of publication. Any changes will be notified to you upon your start with the Company. Holiday Concessions purchases are a non-contractual benefit and subject to change from time to time at the discretion of the Company.
- Digital Marketing
- Web Analytics