The SEO team forms an integral part of the online marketing team - an essential function in helping the Marketing and Ecommerce department achieve online sales performance and brand positioning for TUI Travel.
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. We are building a single customer facing team across our holiday, airline, contact centre, overseas and retail service teams that will deliver a consistent, contemporary service to every single customer. Joining us will not only provide opportunities for you to grow your management career, but the benefits of being part of an exciting multi-cultural united team.
What you will be doing
Along with the SEO Manager you will shape and define a best-in-class technical SEO strategy. You will be responsible for leading the implementation across all TUI UK & I digital assets (6 websites); including but not limited to TUI.co.uk and Firstchoice.co.uk. This includes taking ownership of the SEO BAU work stream across the following areas; technical onsite optimisation, test program management, strategic insight and reporting, and coaching.
The core of your role will be to work in a consultative approach to support Ecommerce and project based scrum teams to oversee the optimisation and enhancement of all new functionality on our websites. This includes championing SEO and creating business cases and forecasts for new developments offering direction on what the possible commercial impact may be acting as an industry expert to key stakeholders.
Working with internal web operation teams you will be responsible for ensuring our sites are maintained to the highest standards by identifying and troubleshooting issues that impact traffic, customer experience and revenue. Example projects include optimising code to improve crawl efficiency, redirecting broken pages and planning and overseeing advanced site migrations.
You will also be responsible for developing a leading edge analytical, test and learn culture to support optimisation of the website and effectiveness of digital marketing campaigns to drive their success.
As well as interrogating data in order to ensure accurate analysis you will work with the marketing analytics team to ensure our requirements are being met. You will also be responsible for the set-up and maintenance of our SEO tool stack ensuring that it is regularly updated and has the right information to be accurately tracking SEO KPI’s.
Managing internal and external relationships is key to this role. You will be expected to actively support wider marketing, Ecommerce and IT teams with any requests as well as management of day-to-day key suppliers. Within this role you will have line manager responsibilities for a team of SEO Executives, supporting them and creating personal development plans.
What we are looking for
- Experience in Digital with a detailed knowledge both technical and off-site SEO.
- A deep understanding of digital marketing including knowledge of other channels; PPC, Affiliates ad Email, KPI’s and how they relate to SEO
- Strong influence skills and interpersonal skills for gaining stakeholder buy-in and managing relationships
- Creative problem solver who can devise technical SEO solutions across complex websites
- Be commercially orientated with the ability to manage a vision and maximise value from internal and external contributors
- Proven experience in understanding, tracking and improving leading indicators of SEO success
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliver to deadlines
- Experience and expertise and up to date knowledge in the latest Google algorithms and their impact on SEO performance
- Experience working with large datasets. Advanced user of Excel is preferable.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex technical requirements to a range of audiences and stakeholders
- Good presentation skills
- Lead, Motivate and Mentor a team of 3 technical SEO Executive to lead individual campaigns
- Must be flexible to adjust to a fast changing environment and be comfortable working under pressure
- Understanding of App Store Optimisation and Video SEO.
Working within TUI group
Help make our customers smile and in return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, pension scheme and some excellent incentives across a variety of sales and service performance targets. Additional benefits include holiday, flight and foreign exchange discounts, a childcare voucher scheme and free annual travel insurance*
TUI UK and Ireland is the UK’s largest tour operator with key brands including TUI and First Choice. We employ a team of 13,300 employees and serve over 5.2 million customers each year.
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business operating in around 180 countries worldwide with over 1,800 travel agencies across Europe, six airlines operating more than 130 aircraft, more than 300 Group-owned hotels and resorts and twelve cruise ships. Our 77,000 colleagues, all with a passion for holidays, work hard to deliver our customer promise ”Discover your smile”
Please visit our website for more information.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please log on to where you will be required to log-in, provide personal details and complete an online application form and customer service test.
If you have any queries please like, follow or visit any of our recruitment social sites or contact
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job