Senior SEN case work advisors
We have a great opportunity for an Senior SEN Caseworker based in Lewisham. This is a full time, temp position, paying from £20.58 per hour. Please apply ASAP if interested!
Main purpose of the job:
To be responsible for assessing and reviewing the special educational needs of Lewisham pupils including the shared supervision and development of staff to understand SEN within the service.
To monitor the efficient use of resources in relation to pupils with statements of special educational need/ Education Health and Care Plans.
To ensure that all pupils with special educational needs are appropriately placed in accordance with panel decisions.
To ensure that every effort is made to reach agreement with parents and carers through the use of mediation and conflict resolution.
To carry out all duties under the direction of the team manager as informed by the assessment and placement panels.
Summary of responsibilities and personal duties:
1. To be responsible for assessing and monitoring the special educational needs of Lewisham pupils.
2. To meet with parents, advocates and professional agencies at a range of locations to represent the LEA and to negotiate appropriate provision to meet children's needs.
3. To work with parents in assessing and monitoring statements of special educational need/ Education, Health and Social Care Plans, encouraging, participation and engagement in processes.
4. To share responsibility for the supervision and development of including the shared supervision and development of staff to understand SEN within the service.
5. To brief the SEN assessment manager and panel members on proposed pupil placements, costs and travel assistance implications.
6. To process applications for assisted transport and make arrangements and resolve any issues for pupils with special educational need.
7. To issue revised drafts, final or revised final statements of special educational needs/ Education, Health and Care Plans following the decisions of the SEN panel.
8. To represent the LA at annual reviews as necessary, and to contribute to the formal process by providing schools, parents and professionals with advice.
9. To ensure that all reviews of statements are carried by schools annually and that the procedures adopted by schools are in line with Lewisham policy on SEN and meet statutory obligations.
10. To liaise with the admissions team to ensure that the SEN Team has access to up to date information about vacancies in schools and specialist units.
11. To liaise closely with the Education Welfare Service to ensure that it is aware of pupils with SEN who are out of school.
12. To work together with services within the Children with Complex Needs service to ensure that a holistic assessment is done to understand and meet the needs of the children and family.
13. To secure appropriate placements for children with a statement of special educational need/ Education, Health and Care plans and those without statements/ Education, Health and Care Plans requiring specialist provision so far as possible in line with parental preference.
14. ln conjunction with SEN support services and Social Care and Health, to ensure that all pupils are kept safe and receive their full education entitlement.
15. To contribute to the establishment of joint protocols and effective relationships with key statutory and voluntary partners.
16. To cease statements/ Education, Health and Care Plans in conjunction with SEN monitoring officer.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'