McIver Scott Recruitment - Liverpool's Recruitment Company of the Year is working with a prestigious legal company that is looking to add a new addition to the business due to an internal promotion.
An excellent benefits package and competitive salary are on offer with this role.
The role is within the Housing Services function of the business and offers a varied, fast-paced challenge for the successful candidate
- Experience of working in a legal services environment is desirable
- Experience of working in a fast paced professional services environment at a senior secretarial or senior administrative level.
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Demonstrated experience of working with confidential and sensitive information
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Microsoft Packages including, MS Word (including track changes or Deltaview), Excel, PowerPoint with the ability to offer guidance to others.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Outstanding client care skills and an understanding of requirement to meet internal/external client demands. Demonstrated experience of building professional relationships with clients and their assistants to assist the fee earner with business development.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise and manage high volumes of work both in terms of individual workload and the departmental secretarial workload to ensure excellent service delivery in a calm and professional manner.
- Organised, methodical and accurate approach with a commitment to service excellence.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines under pressure.
- Ability to use sound judgement to assist in the smooth running of the team.
- Ability to demonstrate a clear and practical understanding of Risk Management Policies and Procedures which apply to their relevant department.
- Proven ability to use initiative and take responsibility/ownership for tasks and work as part of a team is essential.
- Flexible approach to working pattern is essential to meet client demands.
- Excellent working knowledge of the firm’s Practice Management System, billing and WIP management.
- The successful candidate be seen as a role model by other colleagues and should encourage a positive working environment and culture
Working closely with the Head of Department the successful candidate will provide a proactive support service in the following areas:
- Organise formal and informal departmental and other management meetings as required by the HOD
- Prepare Agendas, Minutes and Action Lists from those meetings together with pro-active follow up of Action Points.
- Organise regular 1-2-1 meetings with HOD
- Fee Earner Appraisal
- Prepare New FEMR Forms (online)
- Organise Quarterly FEMR with each fee earner
- Maintain Register of Monthly FEMR Reports
- Prepare Monthly Report (by exception)
- Organise Fee Earner Annual Appraisal
- Ensure Appraisal Forms Completed / Typed (Pre Appraisal)
- Maintain a Register of Appraisal Forms / FEMR Forms
- Maintain Departmental Billing Schedule (monthly)
- Prepare Fee Earner Monthly Fee Estimate (pre HOD meeting).
- Undertake Monthly Review of Departmental WIP ledger.
- Prepare / Circulate Monthly Action List (by exception).
- Aged Debt
- Prepare / Circulate Monthly Action List (by exception)
- Undertake Monthly Review of Departmental Inactive Files List (30 days plus)
- Maintain Closed File Schedule
- Arrange Monthly Mini File Audit
- Organise Peer Review System
Marketing / Business Development support
- Produce PowerPoint presentations in the Firm’s house style for tenders, business development and presentations using the firm’s house style template.
- Assist with the preparation of marketing materials, liaising with the HOD and Marketing and Business Development Team for this purpose.
- Assist the HOD prepare the annual Marketing / BD plan
- Maintain a monthly register of BD / Marketing Spend.
- Actively develop relationships with internal clients and their assistants/secretaries.
- Maintain accurate CRM data with the CRM Manager and the CRM database.
- Assist with Tender submissions
First point of contact for secretarial queries from secretaries and fee earners.
- Attend Regional Secretarial Quarterly meetings and present queries and questions and then report back to the secretarial team.
- Manage secretarial resourcing issues on the ground due to sickness absence, unplanned absence, planned absence and workload spikes.
- Approve annual leave requests for the secretarial team.
- Involvement in annual secretarial performance discussions
- To be an ambassador for the secretarial team
- Communicate HR information from HOD to the Firm’s HR Team.
- Ensure that Departmental IT Matters are reported to the relevant central IT reporting facility to ensure swift resolution.
- Maintain a monthly register of Fee Earner Training / CPD
- Co-ordinate Training Budget in conjunction with the HOD.
- Maintain a monthly register of Library spend
- Chambers / Legal 500
- Work with HOD and Marketing and BD Team to prepare Chambers and Legal 500 Submissions.
If you have the skills, experience and personal qualities then apply today
- Co Ordinator
- Professional Services