Senior Sea Freight Specialist
£24,000 - £30,000
We are an importer of good mainly from Pakistan and China with AEO status and a customs warehouse in Salford, with a vacancy for an Imports Freight Specialist. Working in a small and dynamic freight imports team, you will be responsible for providing first class support to ensure the smooth running of all inbound cargo, from port of origin to warehouse.
Your role and responsibilities will involve:
* Check for new shipments and changes in eta daily and update container list.
* Update and maintain shipping list for all inbound cargo.
* Check new shipping list against invoice and purchase orders for price, Tariff codes, country of origin and product breakdown and compliance with HMRC.
* Check Bills of Lading and sent to shipping lines and advise clearing agent.
* Log on to bank and check bank documentation.
* New container list maintenance.
* Instructions to agents on customs entry forms.
* Scheduling of containers into warehouse involving liaison with freight forwarders, shipping lines and our own merchandising and warehouse goods-in teams.
* Booking in direct deliveries to customer, including the processing of all customer required paperwork.
* Checking Import entries made by clearing agent.
* Processing agents' invoices and open Letters of Credit.
* Breakdown of freight and UK charges for reporting purposes.
* Airfreight deliveries - tracking AWB's
* Monthly HMRC returns.
* Daily customs data checking and HMRC reporting for duty and VAT purposes through Langdons.
* Updating Langdons duty management.