Senior Scrub Nurse Band 6
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Scrub Practitioner (Band 6) to join a supportive and warm working culture at The London Clinic where your contribution is valued, and you can help us provide the best, personalised healthcare, and deliver our three core values of; Caring, Inspiring and Pioneering.
Established in 1932, The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest private hospitals, with state-of-the-art facilities located on Harley Street. We are an organisation that has charitable status and this helps us to drive forward our mission of reinvesting our income to deliver better patient outcomes.
As a Senior Scrub Practitioner, you will you will assist sisters/charge nurses and coordinators in the management and organisation of care provision within the operating department.
- Job Location:This role is located at our main hospital site in London, W1G 6BW (Close to Regents Park & Baker Street tube stations).
- Job Type:This is a full-time, permanent position working 37.5 hours per week; Monday to Sunday. We operate a mixed shift pattern – Earlies, Lates & Twilight shifts, with participation in the on-call rota.
- Salary:Highly competitive, in the region of band 6 equivalent. We also offer unsociable hours shift enhancements, and the salary will be dependent upon skills and experience.
- Benefits package:We offer a comprehensive package which includes a contribution pension scheme (total annual contribution up to 20%), Private Medical Healthcare, 33 day’s annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays), season ticket travel loan, and a wide range of discounts with a variety of retailers and services. We also offer excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education.
- As a Senior Scrub Practitioner, you will deliver safe quality care for patients during their peri-operative phase of care.
- You will undertake clinical ongoing responsibility for the designated area in which you are allocated.
- Provide managerial accountability in the absence of the Team Leader under the supervision of the Deputy Theatre Manager.
- In addition to clinical duties, responsible for the direct supervision and training of junior staff in order to ensure the provision of a high quality and cost effective service to patients and users.
- Responsible for acting in such a manner as to uphold and enhance the good standard and reputation of The London Clinic.
- Registered Nurse or Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration.
- Post-registration qualification, i.e. Advanced Scrub Practitioner qualification is desirable.
- Expert Scrub nurse/practitioner with experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a varied patient case mix.
- Multi-skilled experience across the robotic, general surgery, urology & gynae specialties would be advantageous, and orthopaedic experience would also be useful, though not essential.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in sensitive and challenging situations.
We are an organisation that has charitable status and this helps us to drive forward our mission of reinvesting our income to deliver better patient outcomes. Our main hospital spans 8 floors comprising of 10 theatres, including a Hybrid theatre and two minimally invasive and day surgery theatres.We areknown for undertaking complex surgery across the following speciality areas; General surgery; ENT; Gynaecology; Hepatobiliary; Neuro-spinal; Ophthalmic; Orthopaedic; Plastic and reconstructive; Robotic; Urology; Vascular & Weight loss surgery (bariatric surgery).
The London Clinic is proud of its diverse workforce and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We absolutely welcome applicants from underrepresented groups; if you think you have the skills and experience for the job, please apply - we would love to hear from you regardless of your background.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'