Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Salary: Competitive, Pro Rata, DOE
Contract: Part time, 3 days per week
About the role:
We are looking to recruit a Senior Scientist (Part-Time) to work in our Purification & Conjugation Team. The position will be offered on a permanent contract.
This is a predominantly lab based role where you will be working closely with other Purification & Conjugation Technicians and Scientists. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing production activities, but also planning and performing Purification & Conjugation optimisation projects and integration of new technologies/techniques to the team.
- Support the Purification & Conjugation Team in-line with workload demands.
- Work independently/alongside other teams on R&D/process optimisation projects. Prepare associated project plans, design bespoke experiments and liaise with stakeholders to agree deadlines.
- Carry out weekly scheduling and monitoring of routine Purification and Conjugation processes and manage team workload.
- Support Technicians in their lab work, ensuring that all production work is carried out to high quality standards. Identify when specifications are missed and troubleshoot these situations.
- Supervise individuals during training; providing technical, theoretical and practical information during the training process.
- Keep stakeholders informed and up-to-date by sharing all relevant information and take part in cross team discussions, including presenting data to stakeholders and influencing outcomes through actions.
- Show compliance with Quality policies, SOPs and Health and Safety procedures.
Essential: You must:
- Hold a Life Sciences degree
- Have significant experience of the practical and theoretical aspects of some/all of the following techniques:
- Antibody production techniques
- Protein conjugation
- Use of AKTA chromatography systems - Unicorn method writing/ editing
- Be an enthusiastic team-player, with excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to work independently when required.
- Work well under pressure, working to tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate good troubleshooting skills
- Be confident in using MS-Office applications.
- A lab-based PhD involving the practical aspects mentioned is desirable but not essential
- Experience in chromatography techniques - Affinity, SEC, IEX, HIC
- Experience in protein stability formulation studies, including lyophilisation.
- Experience in antibody and conjugate validation/optimisation.
- Experience in working to ISO 9001 standards.
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and best-loved brand in life sciences.
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on "APPLY" today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
- Life Science