You will use your experience of Cellular and Molecular biology and will collaborate closely with Medicinal Chemists and Translational Biologists for the development of products related to Enzymes and Protein Drug Conjugates.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Scientist - Protein and Enzyme Drug Discovery will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Using you analytical and strategic thinking, you will develop novel processes for the discovery of Enzymes and Protein Drug Conjugates.
2. Use Molecular and Genetic techniques to identify genes that code for Enzymes of interest, such as deubiquitinase enzymes. Techniques will include Bioinformatics tools, Gene expression, PCR, Molecular Cloning and DNA Purification.
3. Using Microbial expression systems, such as E.Coli, you will express and purify proteins and enzymes of choice. You will use Fermentation systems and scale-up processes to ensure production capability for Manufacturing.
4. Using Enzymatic assays, HPLC, UPLC, GC, HPLC/MS, ELISA, SDS-Page and Western Blotting techniques, you will analysis your product.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Scientist - Protein and Enzyme Drug Discovery we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD in a Biological discipline e.g. Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Protein Biology etc.
2. Proven experience of Cellular and Molecular Techniques for the expression, purification and identification of Proteins and Enzymes
3. A drive and determination to work in a fast paced research led environment where you have the passion to innovate and use you analytical and strategic thinking to discover and develop processes for life saving Therapeutics.
Key Words: Protein Expression | Protein Identification | Protein Characterisation | Protein Purification | Enzyme Assays | Identification Assay | Fermentation | Microbial BioProcessing | DNA Extraction | DNA Purification | PCR | DNA Amplification | Gene Expression | Cloning | Molecular Genetics | Transfection | Scale-Up | HPLC | UPLC | HPLC/MS | ELISA | SDS-PADE | Western Blotting
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
- Protein Expression
- Protein Purification
- Protein Characterisation
- Protein Biochemistry
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'