Senior Scientist – Pharmaceutical Sciences
Location: Cambridge, UK
Salary and Benefits Competitive
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality!
AstraZeneca is a global, science-driven biopharmaceutical company dedicated to discovering, developing, and delivering innovative, significant medicines and healthcare solutions that enrich the lives of patients. The vision for Pharmaceutical Sciences is to deliver the therapies of the future through scientific leadership in drug delivery, design of synthetic routes and manufacturing of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API). Our portfolio of projects spans traditional small molecules to nucleotide-based therapies and nano-medicines across AstraZeneca’s therapy areas.
We are looking for highly motivated Senior Scientist to join our Pharmaceutical Sciences team in Cambridge. In this role you will work closely with biologists, chemists and pharmacokinetic scientists at the forefront of small-molecule drug discovery. You will be responsible for the pre-formulation assessment of new chemical entities and for the design and evaluation of drug delivery systems for non-clinical pharmacology studies. Furthermore, you will be actively involved in the design and selection of candidate drugs that have the potential to become life changing medicines.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the technical lead for Pharmaceutical Sciences on R&D project teams from early drug discovery to candidate drug selection
- Work closely with development teams to profile new chemical entities and assess develop-ability of candidate drugs
- Design and evaluate small-molecule drug delivery systems for non-clinical studies
- Plan and lead lab-based experimental work in accordance with project timelines
- Keep up to date with the scientific literature and proactively apply existing and novel approaches to projects
- Supply to internal and external publications, posters, conference presentations as well as participate in local and global workstreams
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree (preferably Masters or PhD) in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences or a related subject
- Practical experience of analytical method development across a range of techniques including chromatography and mass spectrometry
- Strong technical knowledge of physicochemical and solid-state properties and their relationship to drug product design and performance
- Strong record of scientific excellence evidenced by publications, patents and presentations
- Knowledge of Biopharmaceuticals and pharmacokinetic concepts is desirable
- Detailed understanding of principles, applications and management of Safety, Health and Environment (SHE)
Skills and Capabilities:
- Consistent track record of problem solving and proven excellent practical laboratory skills
- Ability to handle several projects at the same time, using initiative and creativity to meet agreed objectives and timelines
- Good team working and networking skills and an ability to engage relevant AstraZeneca staff in new initiatives
- Ability to coach peers for enhanced individual and team performance and development
- A strong communicator with experience of interacting efficiently across interfaces of subject areas
- Able to demonstrate the drive and energy to establish the role and make a difference
- Demonstrate a high degree of credibility
- Focus on delivery under pressure
- Work collaboratively across boundaries
Does this sound like the role for you?
Applications Open: 20/05/2020
Applications Close: 07/06/2020
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'