Senior Scientist Neurobiology
Senior Scientist - Neurobiology
Location - Cheshire
Sector - Drug Discovery and Neuroscience / Neurobiology / CNS
Contract - 12 month FTC (Full-time hours)
Salary - up to £35,000 depending on experience.
Start Date - ASAP
Our client is a leading company, offering research services to the Drug Discovery sector. They collaborate with lead researchers and organisations to enhance the understanding of immunological, oncological, neurological and other disease areas. Based in Alderley Park, they are offering an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and hard-working individual to join their drug discovery and team as a Senior Scientist on a 12 month fixed-term contract basis. If you have recently completed a PhD in Neuroscience and are interested in setting up exciting cell models to investigate disease within the central nervous system (CNS), this represents a fantastic opportunity.
This is a 12-month fixed term contract. This is a role for PhD holders, where their research has been focused on Neurobiology, iPSCs or neuroscience and the CNS. You will be responsible for developing imaging protocols and assays to characterise the response of CNS cell types (microglia, astrocytes, neurons, neural progenitors) to support in drug discovery programmes. You will communicate with external and internal partners. All of this will be done whilst communicating effectively with interdisciplinary teams, recording findings and following safety protocols. Other responsibilities include:
- Culture and maintenance of iPSCs, astrocytes, microglia, neural progenitors and other cell types.
- Evaluation of cellular and phenotypic responses of these cells within complex cell models using microscopy / imaging and in vitro assays (flow cytometry, luminescence and others)
Skills and Experience Needed:
Suitable applicants will have:
- A PhD in Neurobiology or Neuroscience
- Proven experience in iPSC cell and tissue culture.
- Expertise in neurobiology cell models (microglia, astrocytes, neurons)
- Well-rounded skills in general cell biology and the set-up of cell models.
- Strong microscopy / cell imaging experience
- Strong biological assay experience in: flow cytometry, ELISA (or other luminescence assays), cell proliferation/death/viability assays.
- The ability to manage projects and adapt to a changing environment.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
Being a leading collaborative drug discovery company, our client is offering the chance to be part of a growing organisation, with a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Cell Biology
- Drug Discovery
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'