Toxin, Neurology, Cell based, assay, drug discovery, vesicle, endosomal, protein, cell, biology, microscopy
My client is an innovative Biopharma specialising in cutting edge therapeutic proteins who are seeking an experienced Senior Scientist to take a R&D leadership role of the design and development of Cell Based Assay investigating endosomal vesicle formation in a neurobiology context
- Independently perform experimental studies using molecular, cell biological and immunological methods to evaluate the cellular mechanism of action of toxin derived proteins, as well as their sub-cellular trafficking and translocation from vesicles.
- Providing pivotal support to several exploratory research projects.
- Provide technical expertise in experimental design and execution, data analysis (cloning, expression and purification).
Key Skills and Qualifications
- A MSc/PhD with in Molecular Biology or related field
- Excellent knowledge and hands-on skills in cell and vesicle biology, with particular emphasis on synaptic vesicles, as well as endosomal and lysosomal biology
- Excellent knowledge of advanced microscopic imaging techniques required (confocal, high content imaging, STED/ STORM microscopy, etc.)
- Knowledge of advanced techniques in cell culture, including experience with stem cell and/or induced pluripotent stem cell work
- Knowledge of neurology in vivo models and/or ex vivo tissue analysis
- Proven industry experience
- Proven management experience in a scientific setting
- Cutting edge research
- £45-55K + extensive benefits
- Excellent career development opportunities
If you think you match the skills listed above and are looking for a new challenge in the Biotech Industry as an Senior Scientist, then please apply with your CV or call me on for a completely confidential chat about your situation.