Senior Scientist Analytical – Advanced Drug Delivery (Pharmaceutical Sciences)
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a SeniorScientist in our Advanced Drug Delivery group in Cambridge you’ll play a pivotal role in channelling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
The recently created Pharmaceutical Sciences function, with approximately 160 employees, joined Innovative Medicines and Early Development (IMED) unit at the start of this year. The vision for Pharmaceutical Sciences is to deliver the therapies of the future through scientific leadership in drug delivery, design of synthetic routes and manufacturing of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API). Our portfolio of projects include traditional small molecules to nucleotide based therapies and nanomedicines across AstraZeneca’s therapy areas. The Advanced Drug Delivery (ADD) group within Pharmaceutical Sciences provides expertise in the formulation development, analysis and characterisation of new modalities and complex drug delivery systems.Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will be accountable for comprehensive detailed characterisation of Drug Delivery formulations of both small molecules and nucleic acids such as Lipid Nanoparticles, dendrimers or polymeric controlled release systems to elucidate their critical quality attributes both from a preclinical/early discovery and regulatory perspective. As well as the supporting capability initiatives in implementation of cutting edge analytical capabilities in the field of nanomedicines
As part of the team you will serve on pipeline projects (with groups in Cambridge, Macclesfield UK and Gothenburg, Sweden), science and technology networks and generate high quality data in areas of expertise, aiming at increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of projects.Essential Requirements
- Masters in Chemistry, Analytical Sciences, Drug Delivery or a related subject
- Lab experience in analysis of nucleic acids, peptides and drug delivery systems
- Experience with design and implementation of stability studies of oral and parenteral formulations in a drug discovery / preclinical and clinical environment and contributing to Regulatory submissions
- Demonstrated hands on experience in applying techniques such as HPLC (reversed phase, ion exchange, affinity and size exclusion), electrophoresis (gel and capillary based), spectroscopy (CD, FTIR), sizing techniques (AF4, SEC-MALLS and AUC), zeta potential as well as NMR/mass spectrometry for biophysical characterisation
- Proven ability to tackle complex scientific problems and instrument troubleshooting; communicate technical analytical issues and results to other group members and project teams.
- Industrial experience in developing and characterising nanoparticulate systems and nucleic acids
- Track record of scientific excellence in terms of publications and/or conference presentations
- In silico predictive modelling/simulation tools
- Direct experience in analytical method development and validation in a commercial laboratory setting.
Open Date 15/04/2020
Closing Date 29/04/2020
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ie where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'