Latis Scientific Ltd are a fast paced growing organisation and we are looking to recruit a Senior Scientific Officer to assist with this development. As part of a larger multinational group the successful candidate will have opportunities to develop their expertise and grow within the group.
About the role
As a Senior Scientific Officer, you will assist with the supervision, training and development of Chemistry staff, ensuring workloads are efficiently managed and ensuring the highest standards are maintained for all work carried out in the Chemistry Laboratory. You will be responsible for analysing and investigating results for a range of scientific work and will be expected to develop and maintain knowledge of standard operating procedures, ensuring appropriate action is taken when this has not been complied with.
What will I be doing?
The Senior Scientific Officers are responsible for but not limited to:-
• Undertaking and supervising the analysis of water including specialist analytical work from a wide variety of sources and, on occasion, other matrices in accordance with standard operating procedures.
• Ensuring that samples are tested for the appropriate chemical parameters using the correct methodologies and results are delivered within the desired timescales.
• Assisting management with monitoring the activities of junior staff, ensuring that their performance in all areas of work is satisfactory and cost effective.
• Assisting management with the day to day running of the Chemistry laboratory, ensuring that the correct levels of staff are available at all times to ensure no disruption to sample throughput occurs.
• Analysis and investigation of results in conjunction with the Scientific Officers, Deputy Laboratory Manager and Laboratory Manager.
• Develop, validate, review, update and implement standard operating procedures, for work undertaken in their area of responsibility, in conjunction with senior staff.
• Ensuring that procedures are followed routinely and departures or changes are brought to the attention of the Deputy Laboratory Manager and Laboratory Manager.
• Undertake data entry using a Laboratory Information Management System
• Undertake training of scientific officers.
What are the requirements?
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level (scientific discipline or combination of disciplines) with previous experience of working in a laboratory environment. The role requires excellent attention to detail, ability to follow procedures and a resourceful approach.
Experience working on with ICP or Liquid Chromatography is desirable.
Latis Scientific Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of treating all of its employees and job applicants equally.