Essential Education are currently looking for a Science Technician (30 hours per week) to work with a secondary school in Manchester.
The sucessfull candidate will...
- Have recent experience in a similar job role
- Have worked in a secondary school science department previously
- Have a degree or equivalent in Science or a relevant subject
- Have a current enhanced DBS check (although we can apply for this for you if you don't currently have one)
The cover is to start in September 2018 and is a permanent position.
If you have the relevant experience please send over your CV ASAP and I will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss the position further with you.
What can Essential offer me?
At Essential we pride ourselves on the standard of teachers that we place into schools. The knowledge and expertise that you can provide in schools is invaluable. Our main priority is therefore that you are happy with our service. To achieve that we operate in the following manner:
As soon as we hear from you one of our consultants will contact you for a brief telephone interview.
You will then receive a 'signing-on’ package. Once we receive this back from you your personal consultant will arrange a face-to-face interview with a view to gaining more information to assist us in placing you in a school that meets your requirements.
Once you are in employment your consultant will make checks with your and the school to make sure that you are comfortable in your job.
Will supply teaching suit me?
Through Essential you will have the freedom to work around your alternative commitments. Our personal consultants will strive to place you in schools on days specified by yourself.
Essential can offer you day-to-day supply or long-term placements whether you be:
- Retired and looking to supplement your pension
- Returning to teaching after a break.
At interview our personal consultant will discuss all details and place you in a school that suits your needs.
What qualifications do I require to supply teach?
- BA Hons with QTS
- PGCE with degree
- Registration with the General Teaching Council.
What checks do Essential make before I am placed in employment?
Essential, as a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, must make the checks below before it can place you into a school.
- A face-to-face interview. A chance for you to discuss all aspects of supply teaching and tell us how Essential will benefit from your expertise.
- We will need to see some forms of identification with proofs of address. These could include a passport or driving licence with a utility bill showing your name and address.
- All teaching certificates and DCSF number must be checked.
- Complete a disclosure form that allows us to undertake a police check on you
- Complete a check with the Protection of Children Act List
- Complete a List 99 check.
- If you are an overseas teacher you must have evidence of the equivalent check in your country.
- Provide us with the names and addresses of your two most recent teaching referees. You must include the addresses of the schools concerned.
- UK teachers must show evidence that they are registered with the GTC.
- Complete a medical questionnaire.
In return we can offer *great rates of pay *Valuable experience on your CV *Long term work and flexible working hours *Friendly service from our recruitment consultants. If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria then please forward your CV today.
- Secondary School
- science technician
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"