Our client is an International Insurer, underwriting a diverse portfolio of property, casualty, marine and reinsurance business on a world-wide basis. These products are underwritten through Lloyd's of London and regionally through commercial insurance routes.
The role is to underwrite Science and Technology risks within the defined underwriting authority to achieve the new business target
- Establish and maintain strong broker relationships to produce a sales pipeline of new prospects.
- Provide excellent levels of service to the brokers, by responding rapidly to new business opportunities
- & win the business.
- Undertake defined broker development meetings to generate new business opportunities and highlight the benefits of the tech proposition.
- Work with business development manager to identify volume opportunities with a defined panel of brokers.
- Support the Science and Technology Line Manager in the design and delivery of the offering for the sector.
- Contribute to the development of a market leading product and the necessary evolution of that product in line with market needs.
- Support the regional sales plan, with the regional manager & business development manager to achieve the new business target outlined in the plan.
- Create strong internal relationships and have a strong desire to influence the continual development of Science and Technology products and its underwriting team.
- Identify opportunities across the entire range of products, referring leads to relevant class
- new business underwriters.
- Provide a regular updates to the regional manager and business development manager on key performance
- criteria for brokers.
- Maintain broker data on the CRM system to ensure it is up to date and accurate for the brokers.
- Work with team to identify and secure prospects and opportunities from the broker panel recording on the
- CRM system in accordance with the CRM Working Practices guide.
- Provide input into the regional meetings, reporting on broker activity and new business production to
- the Regional Manager.
- Attend underwriting meetings throughout the year required to provide insight into key developments
- trends in the broker market and feedback on market conditions, product performance and
- broker development, to the wider business.
Skills & experience
- Extensive knowledge and experience within the Science & Technology class of business
- Proven underwriting experience and overall technical skills
- Proven ability to win business whilst maintaining underwriting discipline
- Sales focus in building and developing broker relationships
- Demonstrate excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work load and manage their
- time efficiently.
- Have excellent communication skills including the relevant IT system packages.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'