Senior School Improvement Support Officer
Connect2Luton are excited to recruit a Senior School improvement Support Officer on behalf of Luton Borough Council.
Main purpose of position:
Provide operational and strategic management support for standards & effectiveness in education.
You will be responsible to:
· SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT - School Monitoring Panels - leading on SMP A&B, C&D Independents; ensuring actions are undertaken, convening follow up professionals meetings; accurate notes to be used for evidence of concerns with CEOs and Ofsted; ensuring/leading on spreadsheet completion by other services; ASPIRes - populate templates with data and info for school ASPIRe reports; strategic link for school performance data, lead officer for Nexus; lead on management of admin of statutory assessment and moderation; lead on coordination of school monitoring processes.
·EXTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS - being the single point of contact for all initial school enquiries; solve initial enquiries; signpost to correct sources of info; principal point of contact for LBC with schools and within education service; responsible for the Education Service Newsletter; compile the fortnightly newsletter; make decisions on content; ensure accuracy of content; ensure consistent publication on agreed dates; distribute to schools and wider service; liaise with corporate communications; be spoc for external regulators Ofsted & DfE 40%.
·ADMINISTRATION - provide admin support, calendar management, for the Head of Standards & Effectiveness in Education and wider SIA team; clerk and minute meetings on request, particularly SMP; HTSG; attend EIT meetings, update the schools tracker. Lead on the development of the strategic calendar, lead on the development and maintenance of school information databases; lead and take full responsibility for emergency contacts and liaison with children's social care re school emergency contacts during school holidays 10%.
·MEETINGS - Plan & attend meetings when appropriate. Distribute agendas and papers; take and type up minutes for the Education Improvement Team Meetings; be responsible for scheduling team meetings; leading on Headteachers Strategic Group - clerking; creating agendas; lead on school monitoring panels; effective and efficient notes for school monitoring panel for high stakes audiences 10%.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of administrative systems
- Experience of the organisation and administration of service level agreements or equivalent
- Experience of working in the education sector
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively with a wide range of people internally and externally, including headteachers and senior officers
- Interpersonal skills; being able to use tact and diplomacy
- Organisational skills; able to maintain detailed record systems, accuracy of information, and work to changing demands and priorities
- Able to resolve operational problems quickly and efficiently
- Able to use Microsoft Office Suite applications, IT databases and spreadsheets
- Demonstrable knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet technology and financial systems
- Demonstrable knowledge of the education system in England
- Level 3 in Business & Administration or equivalent
- Able to converse with ease with members of the public and provide effective help or advice in accurate and fluent spoken English
Luton Borough Council have partnered with Kent County Council to create Connect2Luton, a recruitment managed service for all contingent temporary agency, contract, and interim roles at the Council.
Our heritage and being local government owned which means we have a wealth of knowledge and expertise within the public sector, with many of our employees having previously worked for the Council or have supplied previously into the Council, for several years.
We are an equal opportunities employment agency and business that positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.
Connect2Luton, part of Luton Borough Council & Kent Commercial Services LLP, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'