Senior Scala Developer, Central Europe (Permanent)
Our client, a global investment bank, are seeking an experience Scale Developer to join their office in Central Europe on a permanent basis. This is a superb opportunity to develop your career with a global bank and work in a different country and culture.
This role sits within the treasury business and is responsible for managing the key resources of capital, balance sheet, funding and liquidity providing the bank, its businesses and other stakeholders, such as regulatory authorities, with key information, policies, standards, metrics and methodologies. The role works with business partners, customers, regulators and other stakeholders to ensure the bank’s financial resources are managed safely and commercially on behalf of the shareholders
- Develop new functionality for the Model Execution Engine (MEE) platform. New features are required to support expanding modelling requirements and new data sources.
- Take ownership of developed items from discussing requirements with users, through build, automated test coverage and into the delivery pipeline to ensure quality is maintained throughout the process
- Maintain existing code base of the MEE, ensuring existing functionality continues to work and quality is maintained or improved where such opportunities exist
- Provide leadership and mentoring to more junior developers as and when required
- Work with users, business analysts and development leads to ensure requirements for stories are well-understood and feasible
- Participate in Agile Sprint ceremonies - in particular, be involved in the estimating and committing process as well as open and transparent demonstrations of delivered items.
- Contribute to the DevOps initiatives of the team by being involved in the delivery pipeline right through the production
- Scala Development: Strong, demonstrable, software development experience in Scala OR very strong experience in Java/C# with the desire to progress onto Scala development
- Experience of dealing with stakeholders throughout the lifecycle of stories - i.e. discussing requirements through to signing off testing
- RESTful interface development
- Akka development
- Knowledge of Spark
- Knowledge of Hadoop/HDFS Experience with working in a distributed team is highly desirable
- Experience working in Agile environment
- Knowledge of tools like GIT, TeamCity
This is an excellent opportunity to develop multi-national experience and work in a new culture. The team is rapidly expanding and therefore offers strong career prospects.
The bank is willing to offer excellent salaries and there are various relocation packages available depending on your situation.
Please contact us immediately for more information.
- Software Development