Up to £45K plus car/allowance, generous commission structure and benefits
We are working on behalf of a privately owned multi - million turnover Industrial Supply Company, based in the NW, who are looking for a Business Development Manager to focus on growing their new business portfolio.
This role involves the selling of products through a solution to SME clients across different areas of the business, it is therefore ideal that candidates come from a value proposition sales background and can demonstrate dynamic innovation.
The Business Development Manager will identify, target, develop strategies and win new business opportunities within the Industrial sector with a diverse product range which includes workwear, health and safety, and janitorial products. You will need to demonstrate that you can deliver new opportunities whilst maintaining a quality pipeline to support the profitable growth of the business.
The role involves:
- The generation of new business pipeline including account plans, reports, competitor identification, sector knowledge and research.
- Establishing long-term relationships based with new and existing clients both locally and nationally.
- Delivering long term and profitable growth through new business acquisitions.
- The process of producing winning bids and tender documents.
- Growing business within the existing accounts by broadening the product portfolio within these accounts, through face-to-face visits, Powerpoint presentations, networking and cold-calling.
- Create and maintain a network of prospects and contacts to enhance awareness and reputation of the company to influence future opportunities.
As a critical role within the business the candidate needs to have the following qualities and experience: -
- Proven track record within a similar industry, ideally with knowledge of selling a value proposition based solution into construction, telecommunications or civil sectors.
- Used to working in a fast paced environment, ideally with experience of both corporate and SME environments.
- Have experience of working in central UK location as well as national.
- Enthusiastic, forward thinker, creative, transparent, energetic, hands on and a self-motivated individual who is able to drive profitable growth.
- Able to build relationships at all levels within a business, both internally and externally.
- Ideally with a working knowledge of a full sales pipeline CRM and Microsoft Office packages, coupled with a respect for accurate data.
- Ideally located within a 50 mile radius of central Manchester to support the local client base and be close to operations.
- Able to self-manage their own working schedule to match the needs of both national and local business requirements.
- Lead Generation
- Sales Background
- New Business Development
- Solution Selling
- New Opportunities