An exciting opportunity has arisen for a SENIOR SALES EXECUTIVE / FIELD SALES MANAGER covering our clients OXFORD depot. The depots service the area of OXFORDSHIRE and all the OX Postcodes.
The role itself reports directly to the Regional Sales Manager, you'll support a specific, or small number of our clients depots, in ensuring they win and retain profitable local new business, in line with regional and national budgets and operational requirements. The role requires strict adherence to the companies pricing and commercial policy. The role will be focussed on selling domestic & international delivery services & associated value added services.
The successful candidate will ideally have field sales experience within an EXPRESS PARCELS background but candidates with field sales experience from a similar TRANSPORT, FREIGHT, LOGISTICS, PALLETS, COURIER SERVICE related industry willl also be considered as will strong new business sales backgrounds from other service related industries, where the successful candidate is both used to and comfortable with cold calling.
This interesting and challenging role in will see you working with the local management team in identifying compatible and profitable new business for each location. You'll also take responsibility for:
- Working with local operational teams to identify capacity at route level, ensuring all routes operate profitably
- Working as part of the broader regional team, in ensuring the region as well as local locations meet their new business targets
- Sourcing and identifying prospects
- Reporting all activity accurately and timely
With a background in a service led industry and field based sales management; you'll be quite an expert in the area and able to demonstrate a track record of success. It's important to us that you can demonstrate:
- A strong track record of delivering sales targets in a field sales environment
- Experience of (and great aptitude and passion for) people management
- A focused approach to meeting and exceeding targets (both individually and through a team)
You'll be comfortable, willing and able to lead by example and also adopt a practical hands-on approach when required. Your excellent communication skills will also be vital in this role, as will your business acumen and strong commercial and financial awareness.
You will need to be willing and able to travel extensively and have a full driving licence.
You must be enthusiastic, self motivated, pro active in all aspects of work & above all you must be strong of character with the will to drive the business forward. Most importantly you must thrive on exceeding targets & be a proven new business closer.