Senior Sales Consultant - Commercial Digital & Data Solutions / Services
John Ross Associates are delighted to be assisting with the appointment of a senior business development manager / commercial sales consultant to join a growing, passionate and extremely well-established team in Exeter.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven track record of selling complex, technical and high value the digital and data solutions into SME and corporate organisations.
Role Overview & Skill Requirements:
Knowledge of Data and Consumer Data / Products and Services
Knowledge of Digital Services and Performance Marketing
- Experience of the end-to-end sales process from prospecting to closing
- Ability to make warm calls to prospective clients
- Experience of selling solutions, preferably data or digital
- Experience of managing client & prospect meetings to identify new sales opportunities
- Focus and drive to motivate yourself and manage your own sales activity
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Good time management skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Driving licence
- Flexibility to work outside of office hours when required
Knowledge and experience of selling one or all of the following data services, digital communications e.g. email & SMS campaigns, performance marketing and/or digital creative.
- Generate sales to achieve maximum profitability against annual sales targets.
- Manage client & prospect meetings to identify new sales opportunities. Follow up all meetings as required and within agreed timeframes.
- Assist as directed on client pitch or tender proposals.
- Maintain accurate records of all sales activity and prepare regular forecasts to enable effective forward planning.
- Manage the introduction and handover of new clients into the business.
- Input and maintain client and supplier records with accurate, high quality information in order to keep an up-to-date knowledge of activity. All pertinent and commercially relevant client and supplier conversations and transactions must be clearly recorded utilizing Salesforce.
- To attend, prepare for and participate in one-to-one/team meetings that will review/guide performance, share ideas and initiatives, communicate objectives and agree plans/focus.
- To attend internal and external training sessions as and when appropriate to increase skill set. Plus, be responsible for continually updating your product knowledge as well as sharing best practice skills with colleagues.
- To recognise the importance and benefits of effective team work, assisting colleagues and providing cover as and when required. This also includes respecting and motivating your colleagues in other departments who are responsible for servicing and supporting your activity, plus maintaining effective communication links with other teams and departments.
- The activities listed above are not exhaustive and the jobholder may be asked to undertake other related activities from time to time including special projects and tasks that contribute to our clients’ company.
Salary & Package
Our client is offering a basic salary negotiable dependant on experience plus benefits. This includes Pension, Phone, Laptop, a performance based bonus scheme for personal and team targets.
Please call John Ross on the detail provided for further information or submit your CV direct via this portal highlighting your relevant experience.
Please note a covering statement is required.
- Marketing Campaigns
- Digital Agency