The opportunity has arisen for a Senior Co-ordinator to join our client on a temporary basis to cover maternity leave.
The role requires active contribution to compiling and achieving the section business plan and related budgets, whilst taking ownership of pricing and profit control for the related area.
The daily work is related to Imports/Exports from the UK and Continental Europe.
The primary role is to:
- Build and maintain our customer and supplier accounts
- Provide guidance, coaching and support to Coordinator as required
- Provide budget data within the monthly sales forecast, giving variance explanations
- Manage more complex accounts, including identifying, proposing and implementing countermeasures for concerns
The main responsibilities include:
- Raising quotations, purchase orders and invoices in line with customer order requirements.
- Confirm all purchase costs and sales prices are correct and in line with the relevant quotations.
- Dealing with customer and supplier queries effectively
- Chase aged debt to meet cash flow targets
- Provide cover for Section Leader role during periods of absence
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Calculate forward orders to meet production schedules and accommodate supplier and shipping lead times
- Ensure goods are Imported/Exported through customs using a forwarding agent and supplied to the agreed point of delivery
- Develop, maintain and improve successful relationships with customers and suppliers
- Maintain detailed and accurate logs of any Quality claims, coordinating information between customer and the manufacturer
- Seek, plan and develop opportunities to grow the business
- Maintain an effective filing system of past and current business transactions
Skills & Experience required
- Administration experience within Purchasing/Logistics/Sales Co-ordination or a similar field:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication (verbal & written) and organisation skills
- High levels of accuracy
- Excellent numerical skills
- Fully conversant with Microsoft office (Especially Excel - Intermediate to Advance level).
- Full and clean UK driving license
- Import/Export experience.
- Customer Focus
- Planning & Organising
- Making things happen
- Professional Integrity
- Learning Agility
- Continuous improvement & challenge
- Analysis & Problem Solving