My client is a niche, specialist consultancy that are the recognised experts in the field of defence equipment safety. Following further long term contract wins, they now seek to add additional resource to their highly respected team of experts.
The role is suited to Naval Engineers who possess a strong background in weapons, ordnance, munitions and explosives safety.
Candidates will be expected to display extensive knowledge of MOD Safety and Environmental management systems and procedures, including DSA02-DMR (MOD Shipping Regulations for Safety & Environmental Protection), JSP 430/520/454 and Def Stan 00-101 (Design Standards for Explosives Safety in MOD Ships and Submarines).
The position will entail the following:
- Authoring and reviewing Explosives Safety Management and Hazard Area Certification Plans.
- Authoring and reviewing Ship Explosives Safety Case Reports in support of Certificates of Safety Explosives.
- Ship design and risk management for munitions including technical specification writing, regulatory compliance auditing and safety justifications
- Naval Base Explosives Safety Cases, including hazard identification.
- Subject Matter Expert advice on Naval Gun Systems.
- Independent Safety Audits.
Applicants are expected to be educated to degree level (or equivalent) in Electrical or Aerospace Engineering or a related discipline and preferably have a post graduate qualification in Explosive Engineering or Safety and Risk Management. Previous experience of working within the Ministry of Defence or Defence Companies is also essential and the role is ideally suited for an ex Weapon Engineer Officer or Requirements Manager with experience or knowledge of working with organisation such as Defence Ordnance Safety Group and Naval Authority Group Explosives.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job