Senior Ruby Developer
Our client is an innovative applications development company, focusing on distributed ledger technology and smart contracts. Based in London, they have an expert team of developers that have been building cutting-edge solutions for startups and corporate clients in banking and finance, e-payments, energy trading, aviation, telecommunications and social impact sectors. They are building a new generation of decentralised applications, working through some of the most interesting problems in this field such as KYC, identity management, transactions anonymity, encryption and data security.
What you'll be doing:
Responsible for the whole product development cycle, including environment support, blockchain, web and mobile user interfaces and have a passion for delivering enterprise ready solutions that is demonstrated through professionalism and striving for excellence in all aspects of development cycle. The successful candidate will help meet business needs by developing the end solution that is secure, scalable and production ready.
- Create and deliver cutting-edge blockchain based software for innovative startup and corporate clients.
- Work with a full-stack development team to build a combined web/mobile app based on Ruby.
- Write clean, tested, maintainable and efficient Ruby code.
- Follow best practices (test-driven development, continuous integration, continuous delivery, refactoring and code standards.
- Working within a great agile team.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Ruby (Rails, Sinatra, Sequel, Roda)
- RSpec testing & continuous integration tools
- Cloud computing platforms: Azure, AWS
- MySQL, Redis other SQL or NoSQL databases
- Distributed ledgers, decentralized applications, blockchain platforms (Bitcoin, Ethereum and Hyperledger Fabric) knowledge
- Git, GitHub (GitHub flow)
- Linux command line knowledge (Bash programming)
- HTML, CSS
- CSS frameworks, such as Bootstrap, Materialize, Bulma.io
Additional Desirable Experience:
- Experience developing blockchain applications using Bitcoin, Ethereum (Parity, Solidity) & Hyperledger Fabric
- Experience working with project management tools, such as Slack, Trello etc
- DevOps tools: Docker or Ansible, Kubernetes
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: Up to £85,000