Senior Risk Underwriter - Mandarin/Cantonese Speaker
My client is a provider of International Trade Finance, and has been growing rapidly since its inception in 2016.
Worldwide locations in UK, USA, China and other locations worldwide.
They are now seeking a Senior Risk Underwriter based in their London office and with some flexible remote working capabilities.
Reporting to the Risk Underwriting Manager.
You will play an essential role in achieving their ambitious goals and role-holder will require flexibility and sound commercial judgement.
Duties will include:
- Build background information on Companies, Groups, and Industry Sectors
- Review, analyse and assess financial statements, forming opinions both stand-alone and considering industry and competitor comparisons-
- Approve limits within your delegated authority level and within credit risk framework, policies and procedures, prepare recommendations for larger deals
- Analyse industry and geographical trends
- Maintain an understanding of current, new, and emerging fraud and risk trends within the industry.
- Manage and pro-actively monitor your own portfolio
- Draft and execute the treatment plan of buyers in financial distressed circumstances
- Create buyer reports and memos
- Continuously improve and update our procedures and in-house technology
- Act as an escalation point for less experienced Underwriters; able to advise and coach others on complex accounts or documentation and provide secondary analysis.
- Participate fully and use your expertise to shape and develop strategy, knowledge and best practice
- Previous experience (at least 5 years) of analysing company, financial information and market data
- Advanced degree in finance, business administration or comparable studies
- Fluent English and Mandarin or Cantonese language skills
- Experience in assessing and funding commodity trade finance transactions would be an advantage
- Proven ability to interpret and summarise large quantities of data, presenting your findings both in writing and orally
- Strong Excel abilities
- Extremely analytical in nature - a committed, 'hands-on’ approach and a calm, professional manner
- A proactive and self-directed approach, with strong ability to setting priorities and expectations, and solving problems
- A mature discussion partner with strong communication skills and able to take a decision and execute, engage effectively with senior executive level
- Engaged and collaborative partner
- Credit Risk
- International Trade
- commodity funding
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'