Working at a leading Insurer based in the South East this position is a varied and challenging role. You will have significant influence on the business ensuring risks are well understood, managed and reported on across the Group.
Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer, you will be the Key Function Holder for risk and be responsible for the risk management frameworks, policies and procedures and owning Solvency II risk requirements.
You will work collaboratively with the business, providing training and support, to develop company capability around risk governance and decision processes aligned with the business’s risk strategy. You will assist senior management with integrating risk management with business strategy through the ORSA and ensure appropriate risk reporting to management, Risk Committee and to the Board. You will liaise with internal and external Auditors as appropriate, attend Risk Committees and liaise with US parent on Group risk matters.
The successful candidate will have;
- Proven risk management experience gained from the insurance industry.
- A good working knowledge of Solvency II and its subsequent management is essential as is a commercial approach to risk and regulation.
- A detailed understanding of the processes and techniques used in insurance risk management such as risk appetite, risk reporting, risk governance and Stress Testing and Scenario Analysis.
- Solid understanding of FCA and PRA regulations, principles and codes of practice, and up-to-date knowledge of trends in the insurance industry relevant to risk management and corporate governance requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, combined with a flair for relationship building are essential; as is the ability to take decisions and influence key decision-makers up to board level.
- Understanding of broad business issues, grasp complex issues and be effective and confident in communicating complex messages, both in writing and verbally.
- Excellent time management skills and the tenacity to achieve tight deadlines, you are able to work on your own initiative.
- Experience of leading, managing and developing a small team is desirable
- Ideally you will hold an Insurance Risk Management qualification eg ACII.
Above all you will be self-motivated, pragmatic and principled, and possess a flexible approach to your work. For this you will be rewarded with the opportunity for a successful career within an expanding global company.
- Credit Risk
- Risk Management