Job Title: Senior Risk Manager
Location: Haywards Heath
Permanent, Immediate start
Our client are looking to recruit a Senior Risk Manager, to ensure risks are identified, assessed, monitored and reported across the Group of companies and to the Group Audit Committee; establish and quantify the Group Risk Appetite and ensure application of this; and to assist the Group Head of Risk with the day-to-day Management of the Group Risk function, with responsibility to FCG and operating companies, including supervision of employee(s) as required.
- Identified, assessed, monitored, report and otherwise manage risks pertaining to the Company's business
- Ensure that the Company's business model is combined with best practise risk management
- Ensure delivery of the Group risk framework across all areas of the business
- Provide specialist Risk Management guidance leading to the identification and assessment of risks and risk controls across the business, required to meet strategic goals.
- To serve as the Risk Management lead in relation to issues and risks associated with Solvency and the ORSA process.
- Constructively challenge management's assessment of the effectiveness of Controls, and the evidence provided to support their assessment.
- To perform analysis of Risks and Controls, identifying trends, threats and opportunities.
- Responsible for ensuing Group companies and relevant operational departments embed Risk Management within business processes and ensure they are appropriately owned and controlled.
- Raise awareness of the benefits of effective Risk Management throughout Group companies.
- Monitoring Board approved Risk Appetite and ensuring that tolerances are adhered by management.
- Liaison with Group companies Compliance Officers, Internal and External Auditors as appropriate.
- Attend Group companies Audit & Risk Committees and act as deputy for Group Head of Risk when required
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
- Demonstrable Risk Management experience at an appropriate level.
- Strong project management experience.
- Experienced in building relationships with senior management.
- Evidence of proven career track record and consistent record of achievement.
- Direct experience with the development, production, or review of the ORSA or FLAOR, or other solvency process management
- Educated to degree level
- Specialist technical knowledge of risk management techniques.
- Aptitude to strategic thinking and operational implementation
- Personal impact in business and technical discussions at all levels.
- Resilient to challenge from senior levels whilst building and maintaining relationships.
- Broad commercial and strategic awareness.
- Negotiation and conflict management.
- Appreciates and is sensitive to cultural diversity.
- Solid understanding of FCA rules, regulations, principles and codes of practice
- Up-to-date knowledge of trends in the insurance industry relevant to Risk Management and Corporate Governance requirements.
- Develops and utilises a network of senior contacts, providing advice on risk across the organisation.
- Effective at influencing own manager, colleagues and business executives.
- Able to deal with any business concerns or relationship issues.
- Demonstrates the courage to take decisions up to the maximum level of their authority, balancing short and long term needs.
- Logical and systematic approach to analysis of symptoms and causes, identifying key issues, underlying trends and interrelationships.
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding of the key factors influencing the business, internally and externally.
- Has the capacity to think across a range of business functions and systems.
For more information please contact Angela Potter at Clearline Recruitment.