An excellent opportunity has arisen at a leading global financial institution for a Senior Risk Manager to join an expanding subsidiary of that business to build out a robust Risk Framework.
The core purpose of the role is to provide technical expertise to Senior Management to manage their relevant risk requirements, interacting directly with other key functions both locally and globally.
The main responsibilities within the role are, but are not limited to:
- Supervise and coordinate the businesses first line of defence control effectiveness testing programme across the business in order to ensure diligent, timely, complete and reliable business testing activities
- Responsible for the planning, fieldwork and the reporting of designated reviews for higher risk areas within the agreed timescales
- Recommend changes to controls and procedures where these are not sufficient to mitigate the underlying operational risks
- Actively considers the inherent, material risks. Analyse the risk profile and seeks confirmation that the risks are being appropriately identified, assessed and mitigated to the desired level
- Provide expert support and advice to the business on the management of the risks which are overseen or controlled
- Liaise with stakeholders to understand, manage and address operational issues and promoting control awareness
- Provide senior executive with relevant management information and escalate concerns where appropriate
- Assist in the review of new product and business initiatives as they relate to the control environment.
It is essential that you have significant experience of Risk Control in a Financial Services environment. In return they are offering a starting salary ranging between 85,000 - 105,000 plus bonus and benefits.