Long established, my client is very well regarded in the field in which it operates - Life and Pensions.
They are currently looking to recruit an individual to provide support to the Risk Manager and the wider Risk Management function and contribute to the provision of ongoing Risk Reporting, assurance that Risk Management Framework is designed and operating effectively and support the business in meeting its obligations with regards to risk management, including Solvency II and the Internal Model Application Process.
- Risk Management Reporting
- Maintaining the Risk management Systems
- Collation and delivery of papers to key governance committees including the Risk, Board Risk and technical Committee
- Develop and maintain good realtion ships with members of management around the business on an on-going basis
- Work collaboratively with the other 2nd line functions, Business management and Governance teams so there is a joined up approach to oversight that takes advantage of the opportunities to gain knowledge and work efficiently
- 2-5 years business experience ideally in UK Life and pensions industry
- Preferably a quantitative qualification in either accountancy or actuaria; or very strong operational risk experience that can be applied to these areas
- Experience of operational risk frameworks
- Good understanding of risk managemenht and corporate governance practices
- Flexible influencing skills required for engagement with management and staff at all level
- Ability to analyse risks and understand complex business processes quickly
- Strong communication skills and an ability to articulate technical/complex concepts in a straight forward and supportive manner.
Salary is commensurate with experience but will reflect the significance of the role.