Global Consultancy, highly respected in its field, is looking for an experienced Revenue Accountant to join its highly-motivated and dynamic Finance team.
Working in the EMEA Shared Services Team, this is a pan-EMEA role and will involve reviewing revenue across the region.
Reporting to the Revenue Accounting Manager, the role sits in the Revenue Accounting team of 5, as part of the EMEA Finance Division of around 50 staff.
As a revenue specialist, the main objective of this role is to ensure revenue is complete and accurately reported in line with our established policies, processes and US GAAP/SOX regulations. This team collaborates with colleagues from across the organisation in the review of revenue related items in client contracts and engagements.
- Responsible for revenue transactions and reporting including:-
- Working with all lines of business to apply the established revenue treatments providing the day to day determination of sales bookings meet US GAAP requirements for revenue recognition.
- Review engagements for the application of accurate revenue recognition principles and escalate when necessary
- Executes the processes that the evaluate accrued and deferred revenues, especially as part of period end close
- Evaluates and escalates revenue issues as identified through accounting staff, Order to Cash, FP&A or field interaction
- Lead monthly meetings with sales, consulting and/or project management to review engagements to ensure accurate revenue recognition
- Approve credit memos after reviewing for impact to revenue and bad debt considerations
- Review change requests for engagements to ensure the impact to revenue remains correct
- Partner with and provide consultation to sales, project management and the order to cash teams on revenue considerations in regard to client contracts/agreements, engagements, invoicing and credit memos
- Working with external and internal auditors during EMEA audits
- Participate in projects / initiatives of the Revenue team
- Understand and support all lines of business including recruitment process outsourcing (RPO), project based recruiting, executive & middle management search and advisory
It is anticipated that the profile, skills and experience of the successful candidate will include:
- Newly or nearly qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) or qualified by experience
- The ideal candidate will have a solid background in Financial Accounting but will be looking for a role with a slightly more commercial slant going forward
- Ability to demonstrate a solid understanding and experience of revenue accounting standards
- Candidates should be well organised with an ability to prioritise and manage time effectively. They should be comfortable in a changing environment, mature, self-confident and have the presence and stature to gain the respect of their peers.
- This is an intensely busy, business-facing and visible role. Candidates must be able to work well under pressure, prioritise effectively, have a keen eye for detail and build solid relationships across the organisation.
- Good communicator who is comfortable with stakeholders at all levels in the organisation
- Excellent attention to detail, committed, bright, numerate and enthusiastic
- Team player with a good work ethic who thrives in a multi-tasking, deadline driven environment
- Experience with SAP/Business Objects (or other large enterprise wide accounting system), US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley would be helpful, but not essential
- Fluent in English and a second language such as French or German (business fluent) would be most beneficial