Senior Retail Assistant – Edinburgh
Location - 102 West Port, Edinburgh
Working Hours – 40 hours per week over Monday-Saturday
Nisbets is the UK’s largest supplier of catering equipment to businesses; we have a multichannel business model and as part of that a growing number of stores, across the UK and worldwide. Our stores feature over 3000 products from chefs clothing to machines and furniture, and pride themselves on providing outstanding face to face customer service.
We are currently looking for a Senior Retail Assistant to join our established store in Edinburgh on a full time basis. As a Retail Assistant the main focus of your role will be to provide outstanding customer service selling a range of excellent catering products to meet customers’ needs. The role would suit a confident and enthusiastic individual with previous retail experience who values excellent customer service.
As a Retail Assistant your main responsibilities will be:
- Advising customers on products and assisting with general queries, acting with integrity at all times
- Serving customers at the tills in a polite and professional manner, putting the customers at the heart of everything that you do to provide an exceptional customer service.
- Replenishing stock and ensuring the store looks clean, tidy and professional
- Handling cash/ card transactions
- Showing warmth, personality and enthusiasm for the products
- Display confidence on product knowledge and on our promotions or offers
- Processing sales, exchanges and returns efficiently and accurately
- Reviewing areas for improvement- being innovative and raising your ideas through the right channels
- Key holder duties including opening and closing of store
To apply for this role your experience and skills should include:
- Previous experience in a retail or customer facing environment
- Previous experience in a superior position or team leader level
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- A Catering background or an interest in cooking would be an advantage but is not essential
- Preferable but not essential, Experience of using Excel, Word and Outlook
What will you get from the role?
- 20 days holiday (increasing 1 day each year in service up to 25)
- Attendance bonus for every full quarter worked an option of either £50 or 1 extra day holiday
- Profit Share (sharing a portion of the profits between all colleagues on an annual basis)
- Annual Pay Review
- Holiday Buying Scheme (Able to purchase a week’s holiday each year)
Nisbets is the UK’s largest supplier of catering equipment, supplying customers in the UK and around the world to both trade and public.
Since Andrew Nisbet started the Company more than 30 years ago, we have grown exponentially in the UK and continue to expand throughout the world with offices in France, Spain, Ireland, Holland and Australia.
Nisbets continues to grow from strength to strength;. We generate nearly a quarter of a billion pounds in sales revenue annually, making us the largest and clear leader in our sector. Through our colleagues’ professionalism and dedication we continue to outperform the market and our future is as bright as ever. We are a diverse and fast-moving business with ambitious plans for the future and recognise that every single one of our colleagues plays a big part in our success.
As our business grows we have also maintained our amazing culture. Our values are at the heart of everything and everyone within Nisbets and we work hard to ensure they are demonstrated in everything we do.
Each of our values can be clearly defined and have associated behaviours which demonstrate the way our colleagues should and shouldn’t characterise them every day, these are detailed in a “Values Book” which every colleague receives.
Integrity-Be open and honest to ourselves, colleagues, customers and suppliers. "Do what is right, not what is easy"
Service- Put customers at the heart of everything we do and deliver on our promises.
Innovate - Empower yourself to make what we do today, better tomorrow.
Enjoy- Create a fun and engaging environment in which colleagues feel fulfilled, trusted and appreciated.
Work hard - have fun - make a difference
We recruit only the very best; we don’t believe our customers deserve anything less.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience to be suitable for this role and to join Nisbets please forward your CV and click Apply Now.
- customer service