Senior Residential Support Worker - Children’s Home
Full Time, Bury
£9.45 Per Hour / 40 Hours + Sleep Rate and Benefits
DMD recruitment are pleased to offer a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Residential Support Worker within a looked after children’s home in Bury. This care company specialise solely in therapeutic care for children with challenging behaviour and on the periphery of offending. Their aim is create a safe atmosphere where they can be accepted as individuals and restart development & growth for them to go on and be productive members of society.
- Assist the management of the home in developing the skills and potential of Residential Support Workers
- Work within, and ensure effective delivery of the policies and procedures in the home, and the company
- Monitor and maintain administrative requirements, ensuring that the outcome meets the standards set out in childcare legislation, and the homes working practices
- Participate and where appropriate take the lead in the assessment, implementation and review of young people’s care plans
- Supervise and develop the skills of staff in their daily working practice
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Promote and actively encourage the delivery of a safe, structured and nurturing environment
- Work within local, national and legislative requirements
- Escort young people in the pool car or own vehicle when required or requested by management.
- Ensure that own vehicle is road worthy, taxed, MOT, and that you have valid business insurance.
- Work on own initiative when required
- Supervision of young people in a group or individual setting
- Relate to, and engage young people who display challenging behaviour
- Undertake formal and informal supervision of RSW’s
- Safeguard and protect the welfare of the young people
- Ensure meeting the needs of the young people are paramount
- Promote and support the young people in reaching their full potential
- Must have an NVQ Level 3 in Children & Young People
- Must be a driver with a clean license and valid business insurance
If this sounds like a great opportunity for you, please upload your CV today
"Office Assistant jobs in London"