What is Bayis Sheli?
Bayis Sheli was formed in 2006 for the purpose of providing a residential care home for disabled children and young people, with a view to meeting the needs of Jewish children and young people. Bayis Sheli is situated in Stamford Hill, in the heart of the Jewish community.
At Bayis Sheli children and young people have access to an indoor hydrotherapy pool, sensory and soft play area to enhance their development on their journey through life.
The following position have arisen at Bayis Sheli:
Senior Residential Care and Support Worker
Responsibilities of a Senior Residential Children's Support Worker:
- To demonstrate knowledge, skills and abilities in running a shift effectively, therefore ensuring the needs of all children and young people are being met, and the smooth running of the unit is taking place.
- To contribute, as part of a team, to the creation and maintenance of a secure and caring environment which is beneficial to the overall needs of children / young people and which promotes their welfare with particular regard to disadvantaged groups.
- To manage a caseload which will require key working responsibility. This will mean actively devising, implementing and reviewing detailed care plans, completing risk assessments using the unit’s format for assessing and gathering information for all children and young people receiving a service, as well as following agreed programmed work and to implement Life Story work.
- To work in partnership with the child / young person, their parents / carers, and other relevant professionals, ensuring that every aspect of an individual’s needs are being met, thus achieving a consistent care planning approach. Ensuring that any transition plans or change to care is carried out sensitively and in the child’s / young person’s best interests.
- To attend statutory case reviews, planning meetings, child protection meetings, case conferences and other relevant meetings. To submit various reports which fit the purpose of a meeting, and to represent the service by giving clear, concise and accurate information.
- To ensure the organisations child protection procedure is followed within every aspect of working practice. To liaise with relevant teams in addition to sharing essential information. The ability to analyse the risks of harm or categories of abuse once adequate training has been offered.
- To respond appropriately to situations with the main consideration being the safeguarding and protection of children and young people.
Essential Requirements of a Senior Children's Support Worker:
- Must have prior experience in a residential children’s home
- Relevant previous experience within a senior role or have had supervisory
- Has good written and assessment skills in order to compose clear and concise reports and communicate effectively with colleagues, parents and other professionals.
- Commitment to work on a rota
- Knowledge in understanding the care and developmental needs of children and young
people with learning or physical disabilities
- NVQ Level 3 is essential for this post, therefore, you will be required to hold this qualification on appointment or achieve it within 12 months of starting in this role.
Desirable Requirements of a Senior Children's Support Worker:
- Able to lead and motivate members of staff
- Capable of working under pressure
- Good leadership and organisational skills
What Bayis Sheli can offer:
- Opportunities for growth within the home
- Continued advancement training in every aspect of children’s care supporting
- Support and training provided, to accomplish required levels of Health and Social Care.
- A position amongst our already dedicated team with real fulfilment and satisfaction
- If you are a passionate, motivated and caring individual, please apply to join our warm and friendly care team.
- Full Time roles available
- Ongoing training
- Great working conditions
- Career progression
- 20 days paid leave incl. bank holidays