The client has a national presence, with over 4 UK offices. They are a firm who are passionate about the law and in providing their clients with the very best legal advice and guidance. They put the clients first and their care is second to none and this, underpinned by the promise to exceed client expectations, has helped the firm to grow to become one of the UK's most successful and respected law firms.
The ideal candidate will have 4+ years PQE, or experience working in a legal or conveyancing environment.
Main duties of the role include:
* To undertake cost effective and high quality fee-earning and provide a profitable contribution to the work of the department.
* To successfully develop the department and division in line with the Divisional Business Plan and in line with the firm's business objectives.
* To manage a full caseload of fee-earning work including sales, purchases, tenancies and the refinance of residential freehold and leasehold property.
* To delegate work/tasks appropriately to paralegals and junior members of the team and to provide effective supervision to them.
* To demonstrate a detailed knowledge / understanding of legal principles of own practice area and a working knowledge of other practices.
* To start to be identified as a specialist in area(s) of specialisation.
* To be able to apply legal precedents to specific client situations / requests, develop creative solutions to areas of interest.
* To be able to select appropriate precedents for use in communications.
* To be able to write letters to clients and for publication on new and fairly complex points of law, as well as of general interest.
* To be able to draft and amend reasonably complex documents seeking input from senior colleagues on more technical matters.
* To have excellent legal and business research skills.
* To regularly contribute to the development of Practice Groups know-how materials.
* To stay aware of current legal matters affecting own practice area and specialism.
* To provide cover for other fee earners as and when necessary.
Candidates must have:
* Strong technical skills
* Strong organisational skills
* Ability to train and supervise junior fee earners and support staff
* A reasonable level of IT competence
* Ability to work alone but also an enjoyment of team working and being willing to contribute ideas/solutions to team issues