JOB TITLE: Senior Residential Child Care Worker
RESPONSIBLE TO: Registered Manager / Assistant Manager/Directors
SUPERVISED BY: Registered Manager/ Assistant Manager
PROFILE: To be responsible to the Registered Manager as a member of the staff team for the direct day-to-day care of the children and other supportive tasks and duties.
Professional Child Care Practice
- * To be accountable for the safe running of the home during shift leading
- Being responsible for the organising of the house and the shift including day to day management and delegation to RCW's.
- Supervising RCW's.
- To provide primary basic care and a nurturing, (therapeutic) environment and ensure that all shifts reflect this practice.
- To be a positive role model for the child and encourage the child to develop meaningful relationships and attachments.
- To contribute to the normal development of the children to enable them to reach their fullest potential by providing a stimulating and varied lifestyle.
- To work with firm and consistent boundaries in order to create safety and containment for the children.
- To work with children and young people who because of past trauma display extreme challenging behaviour.
- To work alongside the child to help develop a true sense of identity and feel of self worth.
- To work alongside the Registered Manager/Social worker to provide a comprehensive history of a child's life.
- To be able to identify signs of distress or abuse, and to ensure that children are monitored and protected.
- To be sensitive to the needs of individual children, taking account of race, culture, language and religion.
- To talk and listen to children, and to observe their behaviour, and record significant features.
- To be aware of the child's rights and to work in an anti-discriminatory and anti-oppressive manner.
- To work effectively alongside other team members to ensure the child develops in a caring and consistent environment/atmosphere.
- To liaise, where necessary, with other professionals, i.e. schools, social services etc.
- To help child to integrate into mainstream school and social activities.
- To work alongside therapists to enable effective integration of care and therapy.
- To work with child and prospective carers to ensure child's successful integration into a family when placed.
- To assist in preparation for reviews, meetings and attend these.
- To be a key worker of a child
- To perform ad hoc tasks as and when required.
If you are interested in this position and you have a Children's Workforce Diploma Level 3 Health and Social Care, Children and Young People please apply immediately.Commercial Services Kent/Trading Ltd is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job