Senior Residential Child Care Worker- Leicester
Dove Resourcing are proud to be working alongside a residential child care provider who place positive outcomes for young people. We are currently on the lookout for a Senior residential child care worker to join a residential children’s homes across the Leicestershire area.
The residential home supports young people with both learning disabilities and emotional behavioural difficulties. The young people within the home will be between the ages of 11-17 years old.
Your aim while working with them within the residential unit is to prepare them towards independence, through developing their social and practical skills. This will enable them to develop their employability skills when they eventually leave the home.
As a Senior residential child care worker, you would be expected to:
- Responsible for three residential accommodations and the students within.
- Responsible for providing a high-quality care and support to the young people within the homes.
- Make sure the homes are compliant with Ofsted regulations.
- You would support the young people with their personal care needs.
- You will work with your team to set appropriate targets for the young people and to support the team to work towards these.
- Work on a shift basis - you would be expected to complete 2-3 24 hour shifts per week.
- The shift is a 16 hour day followed by an 8 hour sleep in.
- Must have a level 3 or an equivalent qualification.
- As well as at least 1 years’ experience in a residential setting.
- Direct experience working with learning difficulties.
The salary for a Senior residential childcare worker is £26,000; this salary varies depending on qualifications and experience in the sector.
Dove Resourcing is a specialist social care recruitment agency working exclusively with care staff seeking permanent jobs in the care sector. We work throughout the UK supplying staff to both adult & children’s care organisations from support workers to registered managers - so if you are considering a move, or if you just want to keep an eye on the market, do get in touch for a confidential conversation.
- Social Care
- Young People
- Residential Care
- Support Workers