This is an exciting opportunity for a positive, enthusiastic and motivated individual who is flexible and has a desire to make a difference to help and support young people, promote their value and enable them to make life enhancing choices.You will work with young adults aged 16+ with learning disabilities to deliver high standards of care, ensuring their physical, psychological, emotional and recreational development.
- Leading shifts
- Offer professional practice support meetings to staff to complement staff supervision
- Encourage, support and guide members of the staff team
- Attend Case Reviews, Planning Meetings and any other meetings as required
- Undertake specific administration tasks within the unit as directed by the Home Manager
- Actively participate in supervision, appraisal, training, meetings & consultancies
- Maintain records as required
- Contribute to the development of the young adults through the provision of a healthy life style
- To be alert to signs of distress or abuse and to ensure that the young people are monitored and protected and have their needs met ensuring that all safeguarding needs are met
- Contribute to care planning and the implementation of these plans
- Be the Key Worker for individuals
- Residential care experience
- At least 2 years’ experience working with individuals with learning disabilities
- At least 1 years’ experience working in a senior role
- Experience managing challenging behaviors and physical intervention
- Driving license desirable
- Level 3 in Health and Social Care desirable
- The ability to work shifts
Shift hours for day staff:
- 0730-2130 (21:45 if on the handover)
- 1430-2130 (21:45 if on the handover)
Closing date: Thursday 12th December 2019
Contact: Priya at Job Paths 4 U
Job Paths 4 U is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business.
We will collect and store personal information that you submit to us via this advertisement. For further information on how we use and protect the information that you provide, please visit our website.
- Learning Disabilities
- Social Care
- Residential Care
- Young Adults
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'