Sanctuary Students provide safe and secure accommodation to thousands of students around the country. We believe that our strength lies in our dedicated staff who help students with their everyday needs.
Senior Resident – Part Time
Manna Ash House,
£5,882.11 per annum including on call pay allowance pro rata
4 hours per week – Monday to Friday, between 5pm and 9pm, and on call duties during office hours including 2 weekends per month
Temporary position until 31 August 2018
Looking to help fellow students in your residence? Would onsite job experience assist in your career? Is your budget not going to stretch far enough whilst at university? Then being a Senior Resident could be the answer.
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Students manages accommodation for over 11,500 students across England and Scotland. We work in partnership with universities to provide cost-effective facilities management and support services, as well as providing specifically designed and purpose built accommodation direct to student across the UK. We offer a range of accommodation from shared flats to self-contained apartments in some of the biggest university towns and cities in the UK, including London, Manchester, Liverpool and Glasgow.
Sanctuary Students are looking to recruit passionate and self-motivated individuals to fill the post of Senior Resident at Coopers Court in London. In order to apply for these position, candidates must be current full time registered students in the academic year 2017 / 18 and be living at Manna Ash House.
The role of Senior Resident will include –
- Assisting in the delivery of quality residential services which meet the needs of the customer and the organisation
- Responding to enquiries and complaints in a positive and proactive manner ensuring residents are kept informed
- Assisting in enforcing conditions of occupancy to ensure a safe and secure environment
- Carrying out regular security and safety checks, monitoring and controlling access to the residence to ensure a safe, secure and clean environment
- Taking appropriate action to deal with emergencies and anti-social behaviour
Skills and experiences –
- Experience of working in a customer service role
- Good communication skills and understanding of written and spoken English
- Understanding of basic health and safety and fire regulations and procedures
- Basic Microsoft Office knowledge is also required
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years service (pro rata)
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and wellbeing plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save on buying a new bike to cycle to work or on a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile please click here
Closing Date: 17 April 2018
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
Sanctuary Students is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.