The Senior Research Scientist is critical to the PR&D team and is responsible for working on multiple deliverables while coordinating with various internal departments and maintaining a high level of customer service and quality. Assignments can include various projects focused on the development and validation of new, leading edge assessments, the revision and management of existing assessments, and related products, processes, or applications.
- Develop new and/or leverage the best applications of existing methodologies, processes, and standards for the development and enhancement of assessments and related products, tools, or applications.
- Write and revise technical documents to support assessments and related products.
- Serve as an internal subject matter expert either guiding or providing support to team members and other departments on specific projects.
- Conduct research in the areas of personnel selection and individual differences, psychometrics and research methods, and related areas that directly contribute to new products and processes.
- Develop new assessments, products, applications, and processes – 65%
- Document the development process (e.g., technical manuals, presentations)
- Researching subject matter via internet, historical content, and past validation studies
- Developing, testing, and validating new psychometric content
- Ensuring QA and deployment of content to meet quality standards and performs to expectations
- Integrating assessment offerings into larger product propositions
- Acting as a subject matter expert to sales and delivery teams
- Responsible for end to end design of complex assessment products and implementations
- Revise and manage existing assessment products and processes – 25%
- Testing, improving, and further documenting assessments and related products/processes
- Revising and writing technical documents
- Support other departments with relevant technical and process expertise – 10%
- Assist team members with assignments and duties as needed.
- Attend group meetings to exchange ideas and provide status reports.
- Attend departmental and cross-departmental meetings.
- Collaborates with and respects others within and across teams.
- Answer questions and provide support to other departments.
- Stay current on I/O research.
- Up to 5% travel for conferences, team meetings, etc.
- Perform other similar or related tasks as necessary.
QualificationsTECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Required when entering position:
- Ability to use computers & software (Word, Excel, Internet, PPT)
- Knowledgeable in assessment development processes & studies
- Knowledgeable in measurement, analysis, and psychometric theory (e.g., IRT)
- Knowledgeable in simulation, animation, multimedia technologies
- Proficient in SPSS and data analysis programs
- Proficient in R, data visualization, and large-scale data analysis techniques
- Familiarity with programming concepts such as VBA, Java, Python
- Knowledgeable in applications of advanced psychometric and measurement techniques
- MS in I/O Psychology or related area
- Experience leading complex assessment product development
- Experience in technical writing
- Experience in external and/or internal consulting
- Experience presenting information to large groups
- Ph.D. in I/O Psychology
- 7+ years of post-grad experience in leading assessment development, Selection System Design, or tools and applications utilizing these concepts.