Competitive Salary & Excellent Company Benefits
Are you a hardworking and experienced scientist, eager to join a company in the forefront of sample management technologies? Would you like to contribute to the continuous improvement of life changing projects? Apply for a Senior Research Scientist role to join our Sample Management team at AstraZeneca in Cambridge.
In this position, you will be responsible for the storage and timely supply of chemical compounds to AstraZeneca’s drug discovery projects. Highly automated systems will be employed to supply small molecules to AstraZeneca scientists and partner organisations. You will be a part of the Discovery Sciences organisation, operating within an outstanding scientific environment to support drug discovery across each of AstraZeneca’s Therapeutic Areas.
We work collaboratively within a Sample Management team, to provide support within agreed service levels with a strong customer focus. We strive hard to understand what fits customer needs and how to add value through our experience and capabilities. To maintain this position, we actively seek ways to improve our process and exploit new technologies.Main Duties and Responsibilities
This position will give you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and enthusiastic environment, whilst delivering critical support to projects. You are passionate about supporting projects by providing compounds in the requested format - assay ready plates, serially diluted mother plates, formulations and solids. Continuous improvement is also a core activity, performed as individual and/or group projects within the local team and the global department.
We will encourage you to act upon day-to-day issues that occur whilst processing samples and ensure business continuity. You will work with the following typical tasks:
- Working as part of a team to deliver research compounds in the requested format and to agreed timelines, for distribution both locally and globally to AZ customers and external collaborators
- Rapidly addressing customer queries with regards to Sample Management orders, software, processes and capabilities
- Working closely with internal project teams in the development of outstanding solutions to meet customer needs
- Remaining current in research/technological advancements and discovery programs
- Designing, performing and interpreting experiments independently to investigate process improvements and evaluate new technologies
- Achieving personal scientific visibility through project contributions, internal presentations and publications
- Ensuring your own work and that of your colleagues is performed in accordance with appropriate Safety, Health & Environment (SHE), quality and compliance standards
Sample Management is a highly collaborative group, working to tight delivery schedules - so the ability to be comfortable working at a fast, goal-oriented pace, with a team focused attitude is essential to be successful in the role. We also believe you have:
- A BSc/MSc in a scientific/engineering subject area, and some shown experience
- A strong work ethic and customer focus
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to identify and implement improvement activities
- A passion for science, technology and innovation
- A track record in the performance of a range of practical skills, including non-routine sophisticated tasks, to a high level
- Excellent communication skills with a proactive and delivery focused approach
- Knowledge and experience of working in a sample management role
- Experience in operating liquid handling equipment
- Experience in operating integrated laboratory automation equipment
- Experience with Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS), or other tracking and scheduling software
- An understanding of the drug discovery process
If this sounds like the next challenge for you – apply today!
We look forward to your application no later than 5th June 2020
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'