Our client is looking for a Senior Research Analyst / Research Manager to build their Service Provider (xSP) infrastructure research. The successful candidate will report to the Research Director for the European Infrastructure group.
In this role, you will be tasked with building a compelling research agenda around xSP infrastructure with a European focus. The end goal is responding to fast-growing demand for insight in the xSP space by engaging in outbound and inbound customer interactions.
Essential to this role is the creation of written research deliverables - including market and data analysis documents, profiles of xSPs as providers of infrastructure services and buyers of infrastructure products and vendor comparison reports. Delivery of presentations and webcasts is also an integral part of the job. All these deliverables will also feed into strategic advisory and go-to-market engagements that you would be expected to deliver for clients across Europe.
Already well-established with a broad network in the overall IT and specifically the xSP, IT ecosystem and/or IT infrastructure space, the ideal candidate will be able to quickly build an internal network with the key stakeholders including analysts covering complementary areas (e.g. Channel, Telco, Outsourcing). You will be expected to work with sales, consultants and other analysts to fulfil projects, help drive business development and support events.
- Interested individuals that meet the following minimum requirements are encouraged to apply:
- Minimum 5-years job experience in a market research or management consulting firm, a market intelligence division of an IT company, or a consultancy focused on IT
- Must be considered a "domain expert" in the xSP space and / or in the core infrastructure software and hardware space
- Ability to articulate complex commercial and technology concepts in a synthetic prose
- Ability to read through complex datasets and expose original insights
- Able to work well with tight schedules and complex team structures
- Excellent team player, able to agree and coordinate research with analysts outside the core team
- Exceptional communication skills - written and verbal mastery of English required. Any additional European language is a plus
- High sense of ownership, strong organizational and project management skills
- Confident and credible manners to lead customer discussions
- Business acumen and business development sense a strong plus
- Management experience or interest in management is a plus
- In depth knowledge of cloud technologies (e.g. OpenStack, cloud connectivity, automation software etc.) a plus
- Hands-on expertise in marketing or sales in an xSP, Channel or Vendor role is a plus
- Hands-on understanding of the multi-tier European IT Supply Chain is a plus
- Minimum university or college degree, BA, BSc or equivalent
The role will be UK-based and involve some travel, predominantly to Continental Europe but occasionally to other regions. In addition to a competitive remuneration package, our client offers the chance to join a research team in the industry's foremost provider of market intelligence, providing expert advice and knowledge to major institutions and organisations in Europe.
- Cloud Computing
- Market Research