Key to this role is USGAAP exposure as well as experience in either the Insurance industry/ Financial services sector. The candidate will also be technically very strong so a strong technical background will be required.Key to this role is USGAAP exposure as well as experience in either the Insurance industry/ Financial services sector. The candidate will also be technically very strong so a strong technical background will be required.
- Leading the monthly US group reporting process, liaising with other departments of Finance to ensure all month end deadlines are met.
- Manage the process of monthly result analysis: production of managers schedules comparing actual result with budget, receiving explanation for variances from FP&A and communication of these results, variances to head office in the US (Vice President - North America Controller)
- Assist in Audit/US/Mgmt queries, including ad-hoc analysis.
- Assist with different projects of Finance aiming to improve control environment and efficiency.
- Assist in UK regulatory reporting (Solvency II and statutory financial statements) and reporting to credit rating Monthly preparation of Income Statement group eliminations:
- Monthly preparation of Balance Sheet eliminations and reclassifications:
- Monthly preparation of revenue recognition US GAAP adjustment:
- Monthly preparation of quota share journals and quarterly reconciliation of all quota share accounts. Maintaining deferred expenses model: reviewing and updating actuarial data and monthly expense balances from Peoplesoft;
- Advance Excel skills, with a systematic approach to problem solving
- US and UK GAAP Knowledge.
- Good commination skills
- Ability to self-motivate and priorities tasks
- Knowledge of Peoplesoft, AS400, Ms Office
For more information on this role please contact me directly on or email me at