Senior Reporting Accountant - Amazing career opportunity
Salary: £38,000 - 43,000depending on experience plus an amazing benefits package and career development.
Our client is a rapidly expanding shared services centre supporting one of the worlds’ largest organisations is looking for 3 Senior Reporting Accountants to join an ever-expanding team.
Summary of Role:
Reporting to the Senior Reporting Manager this role will play a pivotal part in the company’s growth and continued success, working a number of entities as well as being responsible for producing full sets of monthly management accounts and financial reports.
Responsible for delivering monthly reporting packs alongside varied analytical work, whilst managing a team of Management Accountants (actively studying).
Proactively involved in continuous improvements in process and systems throughout.
Develop strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, providing formal reports on a regular basis, detailing issues, opportunities for standardisation, identifying potential for standardisation of systems, process and staffing.
Manage a team which has responsibility for maintaining the General Ledger and Group reporting
Key Responsibilities of role/team:
- Responsible for several group entities
- Review and post journals
- Fixed Asset (FA) Ledger ownership and maintenance
- High level balance sheet and income statement analytical review
- Monthly revaluation of bank, AP and AR currency balances
- Investigate and resolve inter-company mismatches
- Completion of reporting packs for review and approval by agency CFO
- Review AP and Debtors ledger
- Reconcile Balance sheet accounts
- Prepare monthly balance sheet review packs
- Liaison with internal, external and SOX auditors
- Arrange and chair monthly balance sheet review meetings with FDs and Finance teams
- Review and post journals created by direct reports
- Unblock and re-block vendors for revaluation purposes
Skills and Experience:
- Educated to degree level, preferable Finance, commerce
- CIMA or ACCA qualified
- Newly qualified, with 1 year’s post qualification experience
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Experience in managing staff
- Ability to train junior staff
- Experience of leading, encouraging and mentoring a team
- Excel to advanced level
- Worked in high pressured environment, with high expectation of deliverables and quality
- Ability to be flexible, respond positively to change and work effectively under pressure
- Experience of corporate reporting systems
- Produces basic statutory accounts
- Produces monthly management accounting packs and schedules
- Worked within a SOX environment
- Significant experience in a senior accounting role within a large organisation
- Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively manage stakeholder relationships
If you are interested in this amazing career opportunity please forward your CV to Anna Maguire
Whilst we will endeavor to contact you following your response, occasionally due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible and we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates. We will keep your details on file and may contact you with future opportunities.
- Income Statement
- Shared Services
- Balance Sheet Review
- CIMA or ACCA qualified