Financeplus, is the Shared Service Centre for the impressive global organisation WPP. (www.wpp.co.uk). We provide this global group with an excellent comprehensive accounts function, ranging from Accounts Payable, Billing, Credit Control to Management Accounts. Located in leafy Ealing, just a short walk from Ealing Broadway station (London W5) we have now been established for 5 years and have undergone impressive growth during this time (we now have a headcount of 180).
We are looking to recruit a Senior Reporting Accountants to join our large Reporting department to head up a team of Reporting Accountants and Assistants.
Reporting to the Senior Reporting Manager, this role will play a pivotal part in the company’s growth and continued success, working with a number of entities as well as being responsible for producing full sets of monthly management accounts and financial reports.
This person will be pro actively involved in continuous improvements in process and systems.
Key to the success of the role will be the ability to develop strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, providing formal reports on a regular basis, detailing issues, opportunities for standardisation, identifying potential for standardisation of systems, process and staffing.
Good management skills is a must as you will be looking after a team that have responsibility for maintaining the General Ledger and Group reporting across the group.
Duties to include but not limited to:
- Staff management and development
- Supervision of a team who will have their own entity responsibilities
- Managing and developing key relationships with agency Finance team
- Arrange and chair monthly balance sheet review meetings with FDs
- Regular visits to the agency
- Review and post journals
- Fixed Asset (FA) Ledger ownership and maintenance
- High level balance sheet and income statement analytical review
- Monthly revaluation of bank, AP and AR currency balances
- Completion of Cartesis reporting packs for review and approval by agency CFO
- Reconcile Balance sheet accounts (excluding bank)
- Ad-hoc management reporting and analysis as required
- Educated to degree level, preferable Finance, commerce
- CIMA or ACCA qualified
- Ideally ACCA or CIMA qualified
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Experience in managing finance staff
- Ability to train junior staff
- Experience of leading, encouraging and mentoring a team
- Excel to advanced level
- Worked in high pressured environment, with high expectation of deliverables and quality
- Ability to be flexible, respond positively to change and work effectively under pressure
- Experience of corporate reporting systems
- Experience in producing basic statutory accounts
- Experience in producing monthly management accounting packs and schedules
- Experience working within a SOX environment
- Significant experience in a senior accounting role within a large organisation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively manage stakeholder relationships
For more information about this exciting opportunity apply to Asha now.....
- Financial Reporting
- Management Skills
- Team Leader
- Group Financial Reporting