To manage the completion of the regulatory reporting requirements of the Group company and to ensure that the group is kept up to date with changes in regulatory reporting requirements.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Manage the process for producing and documenting the quarterly and annual regulatory returns.
2) Complete full balance sheet reconciliations between local, statutory and regulatory reporting, Review and obtain sign off for the reconciliation.
3) Use and development of relevant systems (e.g. SAP, Data Repository, FSAssist and BPC)
4) Manage relationships with the finance teams in the subsidiary divisions.
5) Work with external auditors to ensure clean audit reports are obtained for all audited work, to ensure that all auditor identified accounting adjustments are reflected in the company ledgers and that operational processes are updated to ensure improved procedures are in place.
6) Keep up to date with changes to regulatory reporting requirements from both the PRA and EIOPA that could potentially impact reporting.
7) Implement process changes to improve quality
8) Ensure that the issues log relating to all regulatory reporting are monitored and closed in a timely manner.
9) Solvency II Data Governance / ICOFR
- Detailed knowledge of the EIOPA/PRA Solvency II regulations
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- Qualified accountant with financial services experience
- Good proficiency levels in Excel and Word
- Excellent self organisational skills, ability to work on own initiative and manage projects that run over several months
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of working to strict deadlines and can be assertive in monitoring other teams to ensure those deadlines are met.
- Ability to communicate complex accounting issues to finance and non-finance staff
- Financial Reporting
- Solvency II