Aegon Asset Management (Aegon AM) is a leading global investor. Our 370 investment professionals manage and advise on assets of USD 447 billion for a global client base of pension plans, public funds, insurance companies, banks, wealth managers, family offices and foundations.
We organize our firm around four investment platforms: fixed income, real assets, equities and multi-asset & solutions, which includes a fiduciary and multi-manager business. Each investment platform has dedicated teams with deep asset-class expertise, organized globally and committed to maximizing client benefit from their specialist areas.
We are an international business: Our 1,200 employees work from 15 locations across Europe, the Americas and Asia. We share a common belief in fundamental, research-driven active management, underpinned by effective risk management and a commitment to responsible investment.
Role Objective: Identifying and advising on regulatory changes and delivering these in close cooperation with the business. In addition, providing distribution and financial promotion advice and training to ensure promotions sent out comply with legal and regulatory requirements, as well as to deliver other regulatory BAU tasks.
In this role, you will work with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to ensure that Aegon Asset Management identifies and implements regulatory changes timely, correctly and thoroughly. Your primary focus will be on the UK regulatory landscape, but as the team (4 FTE) is set up as a European team with colleagues in The Netherlands and in the UK, you will also be working on European regulatory changes, including the AIFMD review, PRIIPS and CSDR. Next to regulatory changes and BAU work related to this, the team advises on global distribution matters and reviews financial promotions.
- Promote and continually maintain a culture of knowledge and adherence to regulatory principles and rules.
- Identify regulatory changes and raise awareness about these with internal stakeholders.
- Provide support and guidance on rule developments and interpretations to members of the Legal and Regulatory teams, Regulatory & Operational Risk and the business.
- Together with a project manager, lead regulatory change implementation and ensure such requirements are complied with in timely, correct and thorough manner.
- Prepare and submit responses to the FCA and trade bodies where appropriate.
- Support statutory and regulatory notification and reporting, where applicable.
- Train stakeholders on the framework for distribution and marketing compliance.
- Provide timely and constructive feedback and sign-off of higher risk financial promotions.
- Participate as the regulatory representative in relevant committees.
- Develop and maintain regulatory procedures related to distribution, financial promotions and oversight, where applicable.
- Build good working relationships with other team members and internal stakeholders. This includes willingness to exchange knowledge with the team and train team members and other stakeholders in specific areas.
- Willingness to work on a cross-border basis, as some team members and stakeholders are not based in the UK.
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder may be required to perform other duties assigned by his/her manager from time to time so long as such duties are within the scope and ability of the job holder.
- Degree-level or professional qualification in relevant discipline.
- Proven track record of delivering regulatory change implementation within a relevant industry
- In depth knowledge of the relevant regulatory requirements impacting an asset management company.
- Knowledge of and experience with advising on distribution matters and financial promotions queries.
- Willingness and ability to provide training to and mentor other team members.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Agility to work in a fast paced and changing environment
- Ability to present and interact confidently with stakeholders at all levels across the organisation
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience with working on a cross border basis with colleagues in other jurisdictions.
- Experience of the Asian or theAmericas regulatory landscape on distribution matters.
Some degree of travel may be required in a post COVID environment
Job and compensation levels depend upon an applicant’s qualifications including the extent of candidate’s relevant experience and other job-related factors and will be determined by hiring supervisors/managers and HR.
At Aegon Asset Management, we are committed to fostering a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We are more than a global Asset Management firm - we are a people business, and we recognize that delivering excellent client outcomes comes from embracing diverse perspectives. We value diversity in the full range of human uniqueness without limitation including race, gender, ability, language, culture, beliefs, age, origin, background, perspectives and experiences.
We are open to considering flexible working practices. Please talk to us about what this means for you.
- Asset Management
- Regulatory Requirements
- Regulatory Standards
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'