BMI Clementine Churchill Hospital is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Urcent Care Centre.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Monday-Sunday 08:00-20:00 rostered to department opening hours.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered with NMC at level 1
- Accident & Emergency trained (grade 5/6)
- Worked in an acute emergency care setting
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
- Evidence of success in working in partnership with Consultants balanced with skill to act as patient advocate.
- Evidence of continued professional development.
- Knowledge of Care Quality Commission standards
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course
- ILS and/or ALS desirable
Duties of this role include:
- To be responsible for assessing urgent care needs, planning, delivery and evaluation quality care to patients attending the Urgent Care Centre (UCC).
- To provide specialist nursing care and support to patients in the Urgent Care Centre
- Act as a role model for his/her colleagues to encourage achievement of the highest clinical quality standards;
- To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures as a skilled member of the nursing team;
- To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors;
- To assist the UCC Manager/Lead in delivering the Hospitals strategic objectives for the unit and nursing service generally.
- To conduct initial nursing assessment and to recognise the need for prioritisation where needs exist
- To have efficient knowledge and be able to identify signs of cardiac/respiratory arrest, and respond to immediate basic life support where need exists.
- Taking the initiative to report any concerns where deterioration of patient’s clinical condition has been observed to senior nurses or UCC doctors.
- Close conduction and monitoring of appropriate vital signs and additional investigations needed to provide quality of nursing care
- To conduct agreed competencies within the Scope of Professional Practice without direct supervision
- To maintain good nurse – patient relationships by communicating and keeping patients informed at all times regarding their care management whilst receiving treatment
- Assist with clinical duties in other areas of the hospital when the need arises
- Participate and ensure regular cleaning of trolleys including preparation of instruments, how to test equipment used in the emergency care centre
- To be familiar with the use of equipment applications in dealing with potentially life-threatening conditions
- Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job