BMI Clementine Churchill is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Registered Nurse – Medical Ward to join their team of staff in the Epping Ward.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered with NMC at level 1
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to support and lead a department.
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
- Evidence of success in working in partnership with Consultants balanced with skill to act as patient advocate.
- Previous experience as Staff Nurse.
- Evidence of continued professional development.
- Knowledge of Care Quality Commission standards
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course
- Management experience
Duties of this role include:
- To take the lead on clinical shifts, in the absence of Ward Sister/Ward Manager and take responsibility for all aspects of ward management without supervision.
- Act as a role model for the ward team to encourage achievement of the highest clinical quality standards;
- To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures as a skilled member of the nursing team;
- To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors;
- To assist the Ward Sister/Ward Manager in delivering the Hospitals strategic objectives for the ward and nursing service generally.
- Deliver and supervise care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community
- Demonstrate compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity
- Develop own competence to deliver effective care and treatments through improving clinical /technical knowledge / skill, and expertise
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient
- Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients, demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job